cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI/PI charging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to check how much data is gone through IE on PI to predict costs. I have read about SXMS_XI_AUDIT_DISPLAYbut what are this culumns saying to me:

For example:

Programm SXMS_XI_AUDIT_DISPLAY

Display XI Audit Data

04.03.2009 - 06.03.2009
                             On Hourly Basis

Data Volume (MB)

From                   To                     Available    Not Avail.    Unknown       Total

05.03.2009  14:00:00 - 05.03.2009  15:00:00          28            0            0           28

06.03.2009  10:00:00 - 06.03.2009  11:00:00         <1Mb           0            0          <1Mb
 06.03.2009  11:00:00 - 06.03.2009  12:00:00         <1Mb           0            0          <1Mb

I also have question about BPM and how SAP sees this data transfers. In one scenario I have multimapping and I'm sending messages in parallel procesing to BPM, is this twice as much of data transfer or what?

br

mario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mario,

the snapshot you have provided points to either XI3.0 with SP <22 or to PI7.0 with SP <15.

Let me give you some technical details on auditing first as this will help you to understand the meaning of each column: auditing is done using transaction USMM. This way a measurement of the entire engine is triggered. Among several measurements there are two measurements done for XI/PI. The first one is the measurement of the SAP XI Base Engine, the second one is done for SAP XI PI Adapters (XI3.0SP18 and above, PI7.0SP0 and above). For detailed information on metrics in use and object definition you might want to have a look at http://service.sap.com/licenseauditing -> Engine Measurement. In the document on the Base Engine you will find information on the units and ID used to describe the tracked data volume.

At this point I get back to your question. The output of report SXMS_XI_AUDIT_DISPLAY provides exactly the same information as transaction USMM. (Additionally you can do a drill down to daily or even hourly basis for the recent past.) Here each column reflects one of the units/IDs 2320-2323. Unfortunately the initial translation of units 2320 and 2322 has been misleading. A correction of translation was triggered in December 2007 and therefore shall be included in XI3.0SP22 and PI7.0SP15.

The meaning of the columns are:

column 1:

ID/Unit: 2322 / Non-chargeable data quantity in MB

old translation: Available

new translation: Free

column 2:

ID/Unit: 2320 / Chargeable data quantity in MB

old translation: Not Avail.

new translation: Not Free

column 3:

ID/Unit: 2323 Unclear status in MB

column 4:

ID/Unit: 2321 Total data quantity in MB

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you could user performance monitor of runtime workbench to analyse traffic, volumes and performance of your system.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

any idea what could this columns mean in report above?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Frankly all through the forum you will find numerous replies but none are concrete enough to make a decision

For question around licensing, the best is to contact the SAP sales team in your region.