cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish Web Service form SAP ECC 6.0 without Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I want to create and publish a Web Service for a SAP RFC function. The SAP system is ECC 6.0, and it does not have a Java instance installated, although it has the NetWeaver 7.0.

Do you know if it is possible to do it?. My specific doubt is if it is possible to publish a Web Service from a SAP system without a Java instance. And if that Web Service will be accessed without problems from the outside.

Hope I am sending my question to the right forum. My excuses if it is not so. I am a recent login member.

Any help will be welcome.

Thank you very much in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for your helpful contributions.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I marked it as answered by error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you configured Integrated ITS? Without it new service will not work.

Well new service can be created in SE80 transation, here you can activate and publish the service.

Regards,

Sachin Rane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sorry to disagree but the integrated ITS has absolutely nothing to do with providing web services in a Netweaver Abap stack.

Yes it is possible to provide web services from abap without Java..

You have to activate HTTP with the ICM.

You can use the wizard to create a web service from a function module and then use SOAMANAGER to create the runtime configuration (endpoints).

All of this is well documented in help.sap.com, in SDN blogs and numerous SDN posts.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Thank you very much for your interest and help.

I have created the web service at SM80 and the endpoint at SOAMANGER.

And checked that http is active at SMICM.

But now I cannot test the Web Service at SOAMANAGER.

I am trying to do it at the 'Web Service Administration' screen of SOAMANAGER, selecting my service there, and going to the link 'Open Web Service navigator for selected binding'.

I assume that, as there is no Java available, it is impossible for the system to show the 'face' of my Web Service. Am I right?. And if it is so, could it be an alternative way to test the Web Service from SAP?. Or maybe from the explorer?...

Thanks again,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>But now I cannot test the Web Service at SOAMANAGER.

>I am trying to do it at the 'Web Service Administration' screen of SOAMANAGER, selecting my service >there, and going to the link 'Open Web Service navigator for selected binding'.

When you test that way, you use the SAP web service navigator which a SAP web service test client running on a SAP Java stack.

If you don't have a SAP java stack, just use any other web service test client.

For example you can use SOAPUI which is a freeware.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try doing this with SAP Integrated ITS, as discussed in SAP Help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/54/4d9993c6592941a407313a6763575c/frameset.htm

- Regards, Dibya