cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport to new OS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All -

Right now we have developed lot of scenarios in XI-NT Server and now we have new installation of XI on UNIX. Is there anyway we can transfer these scenarios to the UNIX, without redeveloping the scenarios? Please let me know are there any other things we need to be considered while changing the OS, like in Config, Testing.

Thanks in advance.

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI Objects are independent on OS.

This link will give some info-

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For XI development objects it doesn't matter on which OS your system runs. Just export your developments from your old system and import them in the new system and you are good to go. Only keep in mind that in case you are transferring your transport files via FTP you need to use binary mode.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your info.

Can you please provide any guidelines/documentation on how to trasfer the devlopment objects to the new system.

Regards,

Sree

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

There are two ways we can transport the objects -1) File import/export 2) CMS

Just go thru following links about this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/91/de56456be146e791bf88188306aa57/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/93/a3a74046033913e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/28/xi-software-logistics-solution-iii-cms

Also check howToGuides from service.sap.com/nw04

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Moorthy

0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

I recomends the file import/export method. I recommend to you that you make sure that in the new XI system you have installed the latest SAP J2EE & XI Tools Service Pack.

Regards,

Antonio