cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install FTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to write an XML message from PI to a remote file system using file receiver adapter.

As i understand , i have to use FTP for doing this. Can anybody give me details about where to download this and how to install FTP? And on which box it has to be installed?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if for your test purposes,

ref - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is a real development then do not do it by yourself, take a help of your BASIS consultant, because he is the one who will do all these installtion and authorization stuff.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FTP is a built-in feature of the file adapter. So you don't need to download anything. Just choose the FTP option when creating the receiver channel in PI.

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is an inbulit feature then What should be the server ip and port ? And the target directory should be the location where i want to write the file.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the inbuilt feature is in support of the protocol. But anyway to post/pick a file from a FTP server, you need to have the FTP server Refer my blog and install a FTP server in your local machine for test purposes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed it's the protocol "FTP" that is supported out-of-the box by PI. Within the receiver channel you have to specify the remote server, folder, file name, etc. you want to post / pick the file to / from.

Regards,

Kai