cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run batch tools

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi out there people. Of late i have been experiencing this silly problem with certain tools. I know it may seem obvious but i have no idea what the problem is.

I am trying to run my Visual Administrator, ConfigTool and JSPM batch files but they do not execute. I even tried running them from a command prompt with no success. The error i get from the batch file is this

The System cannot find the path specified.

Program terminated abnormally

Although for Visual Administrator i can access it by clicking on the jar file referenced the other 2 dont seem to do the same. And i have tried them from the SID user and without. What on earth happened to this? Can you please help.

Many thanks.

John.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have problem with the enviroment variables.

1. Try with giving full path while executing these bat files

(e.g. C:\usr\sap\DEV\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\admin\go.bat)

2. Check environment variables as per the installation manual or cross check with your other system if you have one. login with <sid>adm.

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj thank you for the suggestion but i really doubt the env. variables is my problem as these 3 items have worked all along (I had those env. variables added throughout from the admin user to the sid user profiles. As i said i did try them from the SID user profiles as well they just dont anymore.

Further more i tried to launch the Visual Administrator's jar file directly and this worked from within the machine and remotely via another server and it runs but the other 2. eg. config tools launcher.jar file produces this message "Eception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:"

I have not added or removed anything from the server since its creation. Each item had worked in the past.

Can you advise me further please?

Thank you.

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Please check your PATH variable too.I have added example below.

Path=D:\oracle\DEV\102\bin;D:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\usr\sap\DEV\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386

PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar