cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add new movement types when creating reservation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, friends

When creating reservation(MB21), we should firstly input a movement type.

But in the entry list , there are only a few movement types available.

If we want to create reservation with other movement types, e.g. 313, 323,325,etc. how should we configure?

P.S. I've tried to add MB21 in Allowed Transactions in movement type settings. Then those new movement types will appear in the entry list, but I am still prompted error with message "Reservation for XXX is not possible. (Choose another movement type)" Message no. M7500

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you have to configure the new movement types as required by you.

Materials Management -->Inventory Management and Physical Inventory --->Movement Types -->Copy, Change Movement Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I've configured in Materials Management -->Inventory Management and Physical Inventory --->Movement Types -->Copy, Change Movement Types

In the movement types I want to add, I added MB21 in Allowed Transactions.

But I am not sure if there should be other settings need to be configure.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check tables RKPF, RESB - I don't think you can create manual reservation with different movement types for items since important pieces of information (cost center, order number) are stored at header level. How could you store different references in case of items with different movement types?

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Mar 11, 2009 10:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Csaba

Thanks but we don't need to use different movement types in one reservation.

We just want to add a new movement type other than the ones already exist in the movement type entry list of MB21.

For example, movement type 323,325 are not in the entry list of MB21, how can i use them in MB21?

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check SAP's online help on reservation with several movement types:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/12/085f5d470311d1894a0000e8323352/frameset.htm

You can only create reservations for a particular purpose - you can only enter the one movement type and account assignment (such as a cost center) in a reservation.

Please check Ester Hernanz's professional answer - which mvt can be used for reservation:

In the standard it is only possible to create reservations for those movement types which have a value in the field 'Reserv.cat' (T156-RSTYP).

As you can see in the customizing transaction OMJJ, this field is located under the section for 'Internal control' (please do not change).

The F1-on-line-help for this field states:

"Account assignment of reservation:

Indicates the account assignment category of a reservation created with this movement type .

Use:

If the indicator has not been set, the movement type cannot be used to generate a reservation."

Regards,

Csaba

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Csaba.

I just create a new movement type coping from 323, and fill the field "Account assignment of reservation" with U, add MB21 in Allowed transaction list.

Now I can create reservation for transferring from QI to QI~