cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meaning of defining multiple logical components in mainenance project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends of SolMan,

I have a question regarding a possible functionality of ChaRM .

In the maintenance project, defined in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, there is on the tab "system landscape" another tab "systems" where you define the logical component for which the maintenance belongs to.

In the list for the logical components you have the possibility to define more than one logical component.

Now my question is:

- Why and for what am I able to define more than one logical components?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed ,

thanks for your reply.

If I understand you right it can be used for SolMan solutions like documentation of business process, solution documentation, rollout-projects and so on.

Does this feature have any function with change request management?

Regards,

Alex

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alexander

Yes it is very important part of CHARMS

Because logical component tells you which client is dev or QA or Prd for any system

When you activate CHARMS in your project where you have added the logical comp then system check for this logical comp ...the needed things ...like rfc or transport route etc

You can have multiple logical comp for various systems in one project i& it s enough to support them with one maintenance cycle working ...........to support CHARMS functionality

Hope it clarifies

Regards

Prakhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A logical component is part of a project. They are assigned to logical systems. A logical component usually corresponds to a product such as SAP-CRM, SAP-APO, SAP-SCM or connected external systems.

The list of logical components is the set of components which a project can access. Several logical components can be assigned to a product for example to:

distribute business processes

satisfy the organizational requirements of a company

If need need more explanation, pls let me know