cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing in material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can any help me to know how system takes the price from material master Sales: Sales Org1 Tab.( conditions) Eg. PR00.

Where is the link which pricing procedure is assigned to material master? Can i change the price condition type PR00 to some other?

at present in my system even i am not maintained the conditon record in VK11. but it is price from material master which i have maintained in Sales Org1 Tab.( conditions)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor

Dear Friend

Welcome to SDN

You are correct

In MM01 in the sales org data 1 if you maintain the conditions that is PR00 (condition type) it is for the key or condition table Material with release status the system takes the price from there and no need to maintain price in VK11

Internally Material master table and pricing table has a link along with SD sales doc tables

Hence price is picked from MMR

But the disadvantage here is you can maintain for a single key combination that is Material with release status

In VK11 the choices are many

Usually in real time MMR is maintained and created by MM people and we dont maintain price there

It is maintained in VK11 only

If you dont maintain price in VK11 and maintained price in Sales org data 1 of MMR for a material and normal sales order the price will flow from MMR (that is VA01 transactions)

But for Contracts or scheduling agreements like VA41 or VA31 transactions it will show error

It is Transactions dependent also

You need to maintain in VK11 for them for contracts etc

Please test it and see

Regards

Raja

Former Member

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your replay, you are rite.

But my main question is in sales order pricing procedure is taken with combination of Sales Area + CPP + DPP rite. how it will know which pricing procedure &. if the material is maintained for multiple Sales area how it will pick ?

In simple can you please let me how Internally Material master table and pricing table has a link along with SD sales doc tables.

Former Member

Hi

Material is maintained for a plant and not for a sales area. I think you have confused the concept of pricing procedure determination.Pls check the concepts of pricing again.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rookie,

You are rite, but along with the plant, Material is maintained with combination of St. Loc, Sales Org & Dist. Channel. We from SD point of view use MVKE table. if the material is kept only for plant & st. Loc then in table MVKE you cann't any view material master.

My main Question is how MVKE will have link to pricing?

Please let me know if you know the answer.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See MMR is created for some organizational unit

Like sales org and distribution channel is given while choosing the material views and Division is maintained in Basic data or sales org data 1 (so you are getting sales area here)

DPP is picked from VOV8

CPP is picked from CMR

If the material is maintained for multiple sales areas accordingly it can differ

Instead of accessing VK11 system access this data in sales org data 1 to pick the price

What happens if you maintain both VK11 and also in sales org data 1 both being different prices

Say material pen in VK11 is priced Rs12 and in sales org data 1 priced at Rs 10

I feel VK11 will only get preference (but not sure) That is in sales order Rs12 will be applicable

You can do a R & D on that and post the findings

In My experience Eventhough the option is available to maintain the price in sales org data one itself it is not being used

As SD consultants we must be concerened only with VK11 and maintain that only

How internally tables are linked

To be honest I dont know

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja.

hope some one will replay.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

The main purpose of this field in material master is that if the selling price is unique irrespective of customers, then you can maintain here instead of VK11, so that when you create sale order, pricing will fetch from here.

Also if you maintain both in material master and in VK11, system will give preference only to VK11.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dayananda,

Even if you maintain the price in the material master through Sales org 1-->Conditions tab those data also will get stored in the VK11 transaction only.

You can check material price in VK12 transaction with material as key combination after maintaining the price in the material master.

When you enter this material in the sales order

System will get determine pricing procedure based on this key combination.

Sales area +Customer pricing procedure +Document pricing procedure-->Pricing procedure

If that pricing procedure have the PR00 condition type system will pick the price which is maintained in the material master.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I suppose condition record needs to be maintained for a combination of material and other combinations.

Regards