cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Portal Theme within a WDA running within a BSP Frame on the Portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For layout purposes, I have a frameset being used within BSP, and I'm calling a Web Dynpro app within the frame. As it is within the frame, it is not picking up the Portal Stylesheet. Is there any way of accessing this without importing a modified theme into the ABAP system?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

While calling the webdynpro Application you must be specifying the URL, u might be allowed to pass a URL parameter that defines and existing theme.

sap-cssurl

check the link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/EN/7b/fb57412df8091de10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

So in effect you must have the CSS already in place from where it can be passed.All the best!!

Greetings

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prashant. I've tried various methods of using external themes, and I'm not sure which parameter I can use to point WD at the Portal theme specifically since the theme consists of multiple CSS files and content.

Note - I've done some pretty intensive searching for this already, but could not see an answer to this. Everyone is either embedding Web Dynpro directly in the Portal (easy though versions can be an issue)...or copying the theme components over an exported UR theme from ABAP. No one has a Portal and Web Dynpro but a non-Portal frame in-between.

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a thought, if your application is finally being made available via portal. You can first create an WebDynpro IView inside the portal from your existiing webdynpro application, this will ensure you have the Portal Theme. Then you can embed this iview inside the page where you can also embed your BSP application, inside Portal you can further use the page layouting and EPCF framework to have control on the show & hide of the webdynpro iview.

Greetings

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

You're right - and pretty obvious. I would still prefer to use BSP for the frames layout, for pixel perfect layout but not sure if I can. i.e. Do you know if you can reference a separate headerless Portal Window in an iframe, and if so, how the URL would work? When you use the direct link (irj/portal?NavigationTarget=[iView PCD location]) it puts the whole navigation framework in the frame regardless of this setting.

Thanks for your help,

Matt

Answers (0)