Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update movement type through user exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am doing replishment delivery for STO process

i have one main item with item category NLN ( Standard stock tranport item ) and one packaging material as second line item with item category HUMP. Since the movement type is 641 for the main item stock is going to intrasit and as soon as, i did MIGO, the stock is showing up in another plant.

where as for packing material movement type is 601 stock is not showing up in intransit and and its not showing up in recieving plant.

if we do the item category determination to get 641 for the packing material, when i am trying to process PGI it is asking for ENTER PO NUMBER.

However there is no provision to enter PO number for packing material in the delivery,

so i thought to change movement type at the time of PGI.

Where delivery type (LIKP-LFART) = ZNL change movement type (LIPS-BWART) 601 to 641 at time of PGI.

even the movement type is getting updated in the Material document

can any body guide me what is the right user exit, i can use to get the right result.

please shere your thoughts.

thnx

satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Movement Types can be changed in Schdule Line Category. So go to VOV6, select your schedule line category for Packing and change the movement type according to your requirement.

If you are using standard, then it is better copy the standard schedule line category, rename it and then in that change the movement type.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satish,

userexit is mv45afzz / userexit_move_field_to_vbep

hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi satish

why you dont try it with SAP-standard ?

The material move type is costumiced over the shedule line category -- see table TVEP.

In Table TVEPZ you connect shedule-line-category to item category.

NLN connected over NN to 641

If you have a item-category, that is related to 601 - take an othe item-category Z... or manipulate the shedule line-category manually in the oder th NN.

You have to allow this first in customizing in table TVEPZ.

For every spectal need, i make own itemtypes.

i.e.

Ordertype ZNL

item category group NORM

finds ITEM category ZTAN

finds shedule-line-category NN

finds material movement type 641

hans