Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

role creation in BI and MDM through ERM 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am connecting GRC5.3 to ECC,SCM,SRM,BI and MDM.can i generate roles in MDM and BI.

I have seen in article "Implementation Considerations for Enterprise Role Management" .It says that Enterprise Role Management can automatically generate SAP ERP roles on ABAP stacks.

what is the meaning of that statement ? can we generate roles in BI nad MDM systems.?

joseph.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, MDM sits on the Java stack.

As of now, ERM cannot generate roles to the Java stack. It can only generate roles to the ABAP stack. For non-ABAP roles, ERM is used for a role repository and documentation purposes.

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joseph,

ERM can generate roles on any SAP system which sits on ABAP stack. Please find out if your BI and MDM sits on ABAP stack. Usually, BI sits on Java stack and in that case, you won't be able to generate roles for BI. Please check with your BASIS admin.

Basically, ERM can generate roles which can be generated by PFCG.

Regards,

Alpesh

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, MDM sits on the Java stack.

As of now, ERM cannot generate roles to the Java stack. It can only generate roles to the ABAP stack. For non-ABAP roles, ERM is used for a role repository and documentation purposes.

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG