cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM - Java deployment problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have recently setup the Netweaver Developer studio on my system.

To test the setup, I created a simple Web Dynpro Application and tried to deploy it on the Application server. I right clicked on the Web Dynpro App and selected "Deploy New Archive and Run".

On doing so, I got the following error in the pop-up -> "An internal error occurred during: "Deploying project(s) 'Test1'". java.lang.NullPointerException

Also I got the following messages on the Deploy View of the Netweaver Developer studio (they are in reverse chronological order) :

Looking for Deploy Controller deploy mechanism...

SDM port not defined or not found

Found SDM host: usdcadocb

Checking for SDM host...

Start deployment

I have also verified that the java application server is running properly and I could see the server process and the SDM process in the Application servers process List.

It would be great if anybody can provide some help on this issue.

Best Regards,

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to do:

1.-Windows->Preferences

2.-Choose SAP Enterprise Portal

3.-ADD new SDM

4.-Configure Port and login, i normally use j2ee_admin and port 50118 that defined my basis team.

5.- Choose SAP J2EE Engine

host is the Web AS server.

port e.j. 3900

This is my configuration un my NDWS

I hope this help. (if ti does, please some points lol )

Regards,

César Felce

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My issue has been resolved.

I think the problem was with the version of Netweaver Development studio that I have been using. I tried using the trial version of NWDS ( CE 7.1) which is available for download from SDN.

Also I was able to deploy the application through the Deployment Console of the application server so this feature solved my purpose as well.

Best Regards,

Gaurac

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got the same problem.

I've downloaded & installed the new NWDS (SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Composition Environment SP05) from SDN & created a HelloWold WebDynpro application in NWDS & trying to deploy it on Portal Server 7.00 SP9.

Is it possible to develop to develop in newer version of NWDS & deploy it on previous version of Portal?

Regards,

Hashir Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it!

The NWDS & WebAs versions should be in sync.

SAP Note 718949 - Web Dynpro Application Compatibility WebAS SPx -> SPx+n

Scenario 3: SAP Netweaver Developer Studio will be patched the Web AS J2EE will not be upgraded

This scenario is in general NOT supported by SAP.

In particular if the upgrade includes pieces of Web Dynpro Tools, Web Dynpro Metamodel and / or Web Dynpro Generators this will not allow to create applications which can be deployed and run on the engine.

The already deployed applications will continue to run on the engine.

In short the formula goes like this: inside a given release the engine can be younger but never older than the IDE and the CBS has to be in sync with the IDE.