cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBS installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the documentation talks extensively about the CBS system that supports build automation and automagic deployment. Is this currently available on stack 4? How do I access this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You have to install Java development Infrastructure, which gerenally would sit on a different , central server (WebAS again) of your network.

Regards,

Benny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have installed the JDI and migrated all our code into the DTR.

The documentation talks extensively about a collaborative build environment, but so far all I have seen is a batch file that can synch DCs and a few APIs to compile and deploy programatically. This does not seem to be the full functionality specified in the CBS architecture.

In particular, I would be interested in managing scheduled builds and tests with the DTR, there is a xml file that specifies the regularity at which the builds are to be made, but not a lot of information on how to edit / change this file.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry,

I'm not an expert on JDI, but my understanding is that there should be an activate process that makes your software available.

Asked a colleague and he told me that scheduling is available. Please read the docs at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/01/9c4940d1ba6913e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Hint: CBS has a Web based GUI.

Regards,

Benny