cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On email from workflows, again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I know there are threads on this topic but we are still facing the problem.

The mds.ini file ha the right Mail Server, the repo Users have their email address and the pwd: the Workflow Owner (Admin) is defined on the SMTP server as mail user.

The Workflow logs say, as usual:

<Error ts="2009/03/10 22:17:54.355 GMT" tid="6560" entry-no="843">Could not send e-mail [10058 : soloPosta : Notify] [Mail Server:smtp.nuonda.it] [From Address:mauro_at_nuonda.it] [To Address:mauro.ieva_at_t2b.ch].</Error>

(the addresses are correct, here reported wit "at" because the forum is non accepting real emails)

Then we used Ethereal to track the packets, getting:

SMTP Response 553: Sorry, you need to supply the correct username and password for SMTP-AUTH.

In the trace file I can't see nothing related to: user and pwd look like not sent to the email client.

Any clues?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro,

Workflow Owner i.e. Admin in your case has the email address assigned to it since every user will get a mail from this address.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro,

Were you able to resolve your problem. If Yes, can you tell me how you were able resolve it.

Thanks

SR

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Sir,

I've no solution right now.

We hope that someone using SMTP notification can eventually give us an hint.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro,

all you can setup in MDM is the smtp server in the mds.ini and the e-mail addresses in the user table. Important is that your smtp server works without authentication, i.e. no smtp user name and password may be required. Therefore, to my knowledge, it does not work with MS Exchange or Lotus Domino servers. I would recommend to setup the smtp service on the MDM machine where you can configure how everything should work without authentication. Refer to your basis team or the Windows/Unix help on how to do that.

Hope that helps.

Best regards to Basel

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

unfortunatley the smpt server we are using are all "secured" and requires authentication.

We will installa a dedicated smtp to fix the problem, but I think that is a little bit strange that MDM works in this way, considering the relvance of emails in the workflows 😕

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion,

Cheers from sunny Basel.

Mauro

PS: for the thread closure: Christian is right, there's no way to use anything else than open smtp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro,

Since the Mail Server entry, sender and recipient's user id and passwords are right. I think it might be a problem with server response time. Did you check the Mail SMTP Timeout parameter in mds.ini file. Because usually the timeout for mail server responses is 1 second. If MDM doesnu2019t receive a response

from the mail server within the timeout period, it aborts the email task and will not attempt to resend the email.

Hope this helps

Regards

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've set the time up to 100, with the same results.

We also tried with other SMTP server but doesn't change: we got also some 554 SMTP response, which is, unfortunately a very generic response that can mean anything.

Probably someone had the same problem, would be interesting to share either the issue and the eventual solution

BTW, thanks for now.

Mauro