Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arial Unicode Font Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need some advice/instructions please

We have created new SAP smart forms for Poland implementation; these new fonts show accented characters correctly during print preview but print these characters as #.

Arial Unicode will resolve this matter I need some advice on how to install an Arial Unicode font onto our SAP system either through transaction SE73 or program RSTXPDF2 when I try to install the font I get an error.

Pls advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We have created new SAP smart forms for Poland implementation; these new fonts show accented characters correctly during print preview but print these characters as #.

Can the printer print those files? The font for displaying is note the font printed!

> Arial Unicode will resolve this matter I need some advice on how to install an Arial Unicode font onto our SAP system either through transaction SE73 or program RSTXPDF2 when I try to install the font I get an error.

It would have been of GREAT help, if you would have posted the error you get

If your printer is not a Unicode printer (HPUTF8 or LEXUTF8) then the Unicode font won't help.

• Which output device did you use in SPAD - is this Latin-2 enabled?

• Which printer do you use?

Markus

2 REPLIES 2

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We have created new SAP smart forms for Poland implementation; these new fonts show accented characters correctly during print preview but print these characters as #.

Can the printer print those files? The font for displaying is note the font printed!

> Arial Unicode will resolve this matter I need some advice on how to install an Arial Unicode font onto our SAP system either through transaction SE73 or program RSTXPDF2 when I try to install the font I get an error.

It would have been of GREAT help, if you would have posted the error you get

If your printer is not a Unicode printer (HPUTF8 or LEXUTF8) then the Unicode font won't help.

• Which output device did you use in SPAD - is this Latin-2 enabled?

• Which printer do you use?

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus

Thanks for your reply, expected only a great brain like you would respond.

When loading fonts ArialUnicodeMSLat1 & ArialUnicodeMSLat2 in SAP, the following errors Optional TrueType table missing: PCLT OS/2 table: version not 0/1/2 but 3.

-

SAP note 398646 says :

-

+The TTF font file does contain a font in "Unicode-Encoding", that is, a "normal" text font. However, this only contains a "PCLT table" (font information PCL-5) that is optional in the TrueType specification. In this PCLT table, a font that deviates from the SAP system fonts is listed as prescribed for this font, for example,

"19U"

instead of:

"0N"

with SAP printer driver for languages DE,EN

As a result, the internal printer font selection (which is part of every PCL-5 printer engine) only activates the font if the font listed in the PCLT table is selected.

Solution

Contact the font manufacturer and create a TTF font file without a PCLT table draw up. This should be also be output under PCL-5 with the SAP printer drivers.+

-

Fixed the issue are trying various permutation and combination of other device types. Finally device type I2HP4 works when the "print in colour" option is chosen.

Regards

Shaji

Edited by: Shaji Jacob on Mar 12, 2009 10:39 AM