cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon failed. Details: mscorlib : Could not find file.... XSD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been searching the forums and the web for hours and have not found a solution to a problem we are having. We upgraded our reports from VS.NET 2003 to VS.NET 2008 and started getting the below error upon our Report.Export code.

Logon failed. Details: mscorlib : Could not find file 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xxx\ConsolidatedReports\Designers\xxxFringe\xxxFringeFunderDetail.xsd'. Failed to export the report. Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\temp_90ed8e07-481c-4bdb-8c50-885854a143d0 {B8EC61FE-7931-4979-AD92-432C21013D77}.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.

So when I verify the XSD and set the data source location (XML File Path: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xxx\ConsolidatedReports\Designers\xxxFringe\xxxFringe.xsd) the report works fine. The problem is that when another developer trys to run the report on their machine and their machine has a different path for the code, the report fails. The odd thing is that some of our reports are working fine, it is only a few that basically are looking for the hard coded XSD path.

So, as far as I can tell the XSD are not needed (). I have applied SP1 for Crystal Reports. I am totally confused why this started and why the report is looking for a "hard coded" path to the XSD.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might be permission issue try to give rights to C\Windows\Temp folder and to the folder where your reports are placed.

Regards,

Shweta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this procedure once.

1,Add Xsd file in your apllication (if doesnt exists).

2, reset the Report datasource.

3, Select the XSD path.

4, change the entire path like " .\xxxFringe.xsd"

5, save the report.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Salah.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have granted everyone, ASP.NET, System, etc... access to the Windows Temp directory and no luck.

Also, I have the XSD in my Visual Studio project and have re-added several times with no change in the results.

Salahudheen, I did not know you could use relative paths for the XSD, I will give that a try, but when we deploy to the server, it still looks for the XSD.

I am not sure why 80% of our reports work and 20% get this error. The reports are all setup the same way and so far have not found anything that is different between the reports (even the reports that work have a "hard coded" path, but for some reason do not get the above error message). The reports have not been editted since the upgrade from VS 2003 to VS 2008.

Thanks,

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, when I do a "Verify Database" I get the below. No one on the development team actually has their source code in this path, so I am not sure it is looking in the Inetpub directory. Of course if I update the XSD path, I'm back to the error originally described.

-

Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer

-

Logon failed.

Details: mscorlib : Could not find file 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xxx\xxxReports\DesignersIxxxFringe\xxxFringe.xsd'.

-

OK

-

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please copy and paste the code you are using?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The RunReport is called by a button click on a form. This method calls ExportFile which works until the line "Report.Export()" is hit.

Public Overrides Function RunReport(ByVal ReportID As Short) As String

Dim Utility As New Utility(Session("CNReportPath"))
        Dim Report As New rptIndividualSalaryFringe
        Dim db As New BudgetDB(Session("CNReportPath"))
        Dim pDB As New ProgramDB(Session("CNReportPath"))
        Dim dsRep, dsSub As DataSet

Dim AgencyID As Integer = Program1.AgencyID
        Dim ProgramID As Integer = Program1.ProgramID
        Dim FyID As Integer = FiscalYear1.SelectedValue
        Dim ShowOnlyCSCFunded As Integer = IIf(chkShowCSCFunded.Checked = True, 1, 0)
        Dim ContractNumber, AgencyName As String
        Dim ReportEnv As String = Environment
        Dim ReportDB As String = DBName

dsRep = db.GetIndividualSalaryFringe(AgencyID, ProgramID, FyID, ShowOnlyCSCFunded)
        'dsRep.WriteXmlSchema(Server.MapPath("~/ConsolidatedReports/Designers/IndividualSalaryFringe/IndividualSalaryFringe.xsd"))

AgencyName = pDB.GetAgencyName(AgencyID)

With Report.Section1
            CType(.ReportObjects("txtAgency"), TextObject).Text = AgencyName
            CType(.ReportObjects("txtProgram"), TextObject).Text = pDB.GetProgramName(ProgramID)
            CType(.ReportObjects("txtFiscalYear"), TextObject).Text = "Fiscal Year " & FiscalYear1.SelectedText
        End With

ContractNumber = pDB.GetContractNumber(ProgramID)
        If Not IsNothing(ContractNumber) Then
            If Not ContractNumber = "" Then
                With Report.Section6
                    .SectionFormat.EnableSuppress = False
                    CType(.ReportObjects("txtContractNumber"), TextObject).Text = "Contract #:" & ContractNumber
                End With
            End If
        End If

With Report.Section5
            CType(.ReportObjects("txtAgencyName"), TextObject).Text = AgencyName
        End With

If dsRep.Tables(0).Rows.Count <= 0 Then
            Report.secNoData.SectionFormat.EnableSuppress = False
            Report.Section2.SectionFormat.EnableSuppress = True
            Report.Section4.SectionFormat.EnableSuppress = True
            Report.Section7.SectionFormat.EnableSuppress = True
            Report.Section9.SectionFormat.EnableSuppress = True
            Report.Section10.SectionFormat.EnableSuppress = True
            Report.secFunderDetail.SectionFormat.EnableSuppress = True
        Else
            dsSub = db.GetIndividualSalaryFringeFunderDetail(ProgramID, FyID)
            'dsSub.WriteXmlSchema(Server.MapPath("~/ConsolidatedReports/Designers/IndividualSalaryFringe/IndividualSalaryFringeFunderDetail.xsd"))

Report.OpenSubreport("subFunderDetail").SetDataSource(dsSub)
        End If

'Ehn 41 add environment and db name
        CType(Report.Section5.ReportObjects("DBName"), TextObject).Text = "DB: " + ReportDB
        CType(Report.Section5.ReportObjects("Environment"), TextObject).Text = IIf(ReportEnv = "", ReportEnv, "Env: " + ReportEnv)

Report.SetDataSource(dsRep)

'You must set the ReportGroup equal to Crystal to make it work correctly
        ReportGroup = ReportGroup.Crystal

'Leave this line of code
        ReportFile = Utility.ExportFile(Report, ExportFilter1.ExportType, Server.MapPath("~/ReportFiles/"))
        Return String.Empty
    End Function

Public Function ExportFile(ByVal Report As ReportDocument, ByVal ExportType As ExportType, ByVal OutputPath As String, Optional ByVal ds As DataSet = Nothing) As String

Dim crDiskFileOpts As New DiskFileDestinationOptions
        'Dim strFilePath As String
        'Dim strLinkPath As String
        Dim crExportOptions As New ExportOptions
        Dim crExcelOptions As New ExcelFormatOptions
        Dim crPDFOptions As New PdfRtfWordFormatOptions
        Dim crWordOptions As New PdfRtfWordFormatOptions
        Dim ReportName As String = String.Empty
        Try

crExportOptions = Report.ExportOptions

Select Case ExportType
                Case ExportType.Excel
                    ReportName = Left(Guid.NewGuid.ToString, 15) & ".xls"
                    With crExcelOptions
                        .ExcelTabHasColumnHeadings = True
                        .ExcelUseConstantColumnWidth = True
                    End With

crExportOptions.ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.Excel
                    crExportOptions.FormatOptions = crExcelOptions
                Case ExportType.PDF
                    ReportName = Left(Guid.NewGuid.ToString, 15) & ".pdf"
                    crExportOptions.ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat
                    crExportOptions.FormatOptions = crPDFOptions
                Case ExportType.Word
                    ReportName = Left(Guid.NewGuid.ToString, 15) & ".doc"
                    crExportOptions.ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.WordForWindows
                    crExportOptions.FormatOptions = crWordOptions
                Case SamisConstants.ExportType.ExcelRaw
                    ReportName = Left(Guid.NewGuid.ToString, 15) & ".xls"
                    ''If Not IsNothing(ds) Then
                    ''    Dim oExcel As New ExcelExport.ExcelExport
                    ''    oExcel.CreateWorkbook(OutputPath & ReportName, ds)
                    ''End If
            End Select

Select Case ExportType
                Case ExportType.Excel, ExportType.PDF, ExportType.Word
                    crDiskFileOpts.DiskFileName = OutputPath & ReportName

With crExportOptions
                        .DestinationOptions = crDiskFileOpts
                        .ExportDestinationType = ExportDestinationType.DiskFile
                    End With

Report.Export() ' ERROR HAPPENS HERE!!!!!!

End Select

Return "ReportFiles/" & ReportName

Catch ex As Exception
            Throw ex
        End Try
    End Function

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good. Now, I see this:

but I do not see any code for setting the datasource to the main report(?). Or am I going blind? How is the main report getting the data?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the line

is loading the report's main datasource. I did not write this code , so I am also checking it based upon the PDFs from Crystal to make sure it is following some best practices. All these reports worked fine in VS 2003.

Right now I am trying to set the table name in the dataset to see if that helps:

dsRep = db.GetIndividualSalaryFringe(AgencyID, ProgramID, FyID, ShowOnlyCSCFunded)
        dsRep.DataSetName = "Table"  ' THIS IS NEW - TESTING
        dsRep.Tables(0).TableName = "Table"  ' THIS IS NEW - TESTING

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, here is how we're going to troubleshoot this. BTW., this is also discussed in this blog:

/people/ludek.uher/blog/2009/03/02/troubleshooting-issues-with-vs-net-datasets-and-crystal-reports

(but there appear to be some issues with that page today, so my explanation follows)

Add this line to your code:

myDataset.WriteXml(xmlPath, XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema)

as in:

dsSub.WriteXml(xmlPath, XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema)

dsRep.WriteXml(xmlPath, XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema)

Now, follow these steps:

1) Copy the above created XML to your development system

2) Open the problem report in the Crystal Reports designer

3) In the Designer, go to the Database menu and select u201CSet Datasource Locationu201D

4) In the u201CReplace with:u201D pane, expand the u201CCreate New Connectionu201D folder.

5) Double click the u201CADO .NET (XML)u201D icon

6) Browse to the location of the XML file you created in step (1)

7) Click on the path to the XML. The <Update> button should enable

😎 Click on the <Update> button

Typically, either of the following will happen:

You will get a u201CMap Fieldsu201D dialog. This indicates that the XML written off of your dataset does not match what the report is expecting. This may be due to incorrect fields name, incorrect field type, etc. You will now need eliminate the difference.

Incorrect data or no data. There is an issue with your dataset and you need to determine why the data is not present in your dataset. Looking at the XML may be a good place to start.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed the steps exactly (exporting the Xml to C:\CrystalXml as dsRep.xml and dsSub.xml) updating the Main and the Sub-Report. When I pressed the Update button, no messages where shown for either the main or sub-report (no mapping dialog or logon dialog). When I saved the report it said the below (I saved the report in the new format). The report now runs ONLY on my machine, but NOT on anyone elses machine. We are getting the same Error, as before with a new path now, "cannot find C:\CrystalXml\dsSub.xml" when run from anyone but mine machine.

(I'm thinking about removing the sub-report to test if that is the issue since the error message says "dsSub.xml")

Saving in new verison message:

-

Crystal Reports

-

Warning: This report (C:\xxxx\xxxxFringe.rpt) was saved in a previous version of Crystal Reports using an older report file format. If this report is re-saved in the current version, the report file format will be upgraded to a new file format, which may not be compatible with previous versions of Crystal Reports. For more information consult the 'Importing Earlier Versions of Crystal Reports' section of the Crystal Reports MSDN documentation.

Do you want to upgrade the report to the new file format?

-

Yes No

-

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The save as message is ok. Does not really matter if you do or don't. Thought, just to add this piece of the puzzle; what version of CR was the report created in? And confirm you are upgrading to CR 2008 SP1(?).

Did you get the data as expected from the xml you pointed to in the CR designer?

BTW., removing the subreport (as a test) and seeing how things go, is a good idea.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turns out there are two sub-reports on the main report and only one of the sub-reports had its datasource set. So, I guess in VS 2003 this worked (even though not correct) and in VS 2008 I get the above error. Be nice if the error message contained some specific details. We have more reports not working, with the same error message, but at least I know now that the error message is not telling me much.