cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system copy Trasnport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all i want to make a system copy using DB independent method. I sort out everything except if i have some transport request in source system and i want same transport request in target: is it possible using DB independent method if i create an export image and import it on the target system (target system will be created from scratch using export image from source system).

if not what is the prefereerd method and will there be no request in TMS after i configure TMS on target system??

are the transports request going to be there without any transport request in TMS.

appreciate any reply.

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

brian_walker
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mani,

One of the easiest things to do... After your system copy is operational, make sure to add it to the same TMS domain that the original system was in. Then go into STMS_IMPORT in the original system. You can then select all the requests waiting in the original system's queue and forward them to the queue of the new system.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well actually i need to make export of Development system and and this is the Domain server also. So i didn't get it how can i get the requests in queuee without releasing it from the system? or did you mean i have to release all the transport to get it into the destination system?

but i guess i will get all the codes or test data in transport request in the target system but won't be able to get the transport request in target system, correct me if i ma wrong.

what only option i see is prepare the target system using export and then create the requests based upon source system transport requests. but this would be my last option as it include manual mapping of transport request on target system from source system.

is there any alternative to this??

Mani

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mani,

After you prepare the target system, you have to reinitialize the Transport organizer which will set the transport no# in target system. You are right, you wont get the source system transports in the target.

You can release the transport requests in the source so that they will be avaialable in QAS import queue.

Thanks,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After you prepare the target system, you have to reinitialize the Transport organizer which will set the transport no# in target system.

Did you mean i can get all transports request if i reinitialize transport organiser if yes is it different from creating TMS setup???

Mani

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I mean.. reinitializing is a part of post copy activity which will set the transport number in the target based on the SID of the target. (if there are unreleased transport requests they are lost)

Former Member
0 Kudos

but my question remains there than, it means therr is no solution to this??? i mean i wont be able to get all the transport requests i had created on the source system except i release all the reuest and then import them on target system. so we cant protect our transport request in source system to target suystem righ t??

Mani

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

True, only work around is to release them and get it captured in the QAS import queue.

Answers (0)