cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative values in DP planning books

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!!!

I´m working with SCM APO 5.1 and as far as I´m concerned it´s not possible to input negative values in DP planning books if you are forecasting the demand forecast manually right?

Regards!!

Angela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Angela,

It is possible to enter negative values in DP Planning Books, provided you did not make that Key figure Negative Not Allowed in the Planning Area Administration Key figure Settigns

Hari Vomkarey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hari

Thanks for the attention, but one more thing, to use this flag, I´ll have to deactivate the planning area, right? If I do this, all the data in the planning area will be eliminated.

There is another way to change this parameter, without deactivating the PA and loosing all the existing data?

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Angela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

You do not need to deactivate the planning area to change this flag (at least, not in APO 5.0). When you change the setting, the system will lock the planning area and run a series of consistency checks. The time it takes will depend on your system, so try it out in a development system before doing it in production (this assumes that you wouldn't transport the entire planning area for a small change like this).

We ran into a weird problem when testing this in our QA environment. We found that the system was throwing a number of errors when trying to restore the planning area from a back-up cube. The errors were related directly to the key figure that had the 'negatives not allowed' flag. When we removed the flag, we were able to restore from the back-up cube without any problem, so be sure to test this in your DEV or QA environment.

Good to see Hari V here on the forums -- he worked on our DP config a while back!

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dan

Thanks for your quick answer!!

I don´t see how you can change it. In our PA (/SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN), we went to key-figure details and the column Neg not Allowed are not abilitated to mark the option.

How can I do this? Our version is SCM 510 Level 0007.

Thanks again!!

Regards

Angela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dan

I found the option. Is in the Extra menu.

Thanks again!! I´ll test it in the other environments.!!

Regards

Answers (0)