Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDP - no entry in eprtrans

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM SERVER 550 SP13

R3 4.7

Classic

Reorder point planning. When MRP runs and generates requistions the eprtrans table is not updated with the req. The req does have a procurement profile assigned in the eban table. The req is not subject to release and has a status of active.

I can manually create a req with the exact same data and eprtrans is populated. I can also make a manual change to the MRP generated reqs and it shows up in eprtrans.

This seems to be specific to MRP generated reqs. Dont need help on how to configure ext reqs transfer to SRM. that is working. need to understand why these MRP generated reqs are not populating the erptrans table despite having a valid procurement profile assigned. The manual reqs compared to the mrp reqs in the eban table. only field that has a difference in the eban table is creation indicator. for manual req that works creation indicator = R (realtime manual) and for the MRP req the creation indicator = B (material requirements planning). Every other field in eban is indentical.

I'm at a total loss, seems to be some MRP setting or maybe bug. Any insight is appreciated.

thanks in advance.

justin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

that is correct

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin

SAP Note 935457 - EPRTRANS entry is written, even requisition has no releease

SAP Note 1281770 -Runtime bottleneck in table EPRTRANS

SAP Note 742682 - Entry in EPRTRANS despite item w/o account assignment

SAP Note 1090870 -Requisition released through BAPI not in EPRTRANS table

How did you set a profile manually in spro or BADI?

regards

Muthu

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is resolved. It took a significant amount of debugging. here is the resolution.

In R3, change the following entry in table TPS01

Process = 01010001

Text = NDI exits active

Sample Module = SAMPLE_PROCESS_01010001

Ctry/Ind. Filter = X

The flag in the ctry/ind filter needed to be set to make function module BBP_EPRRTRANS_MAINTAIN run when executing MD02. Thanks mutha for your help I'm awarding full points to you. Thanks everyone for your contributions to the boards.

justin

Edited by: Justin Farley on Mar 12, 2009 7:37 PM

Edited by: Justin Farley on Mar 12, 2009 7:39 PM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin

Thanks much.

In classic direct material procurement is supported for PDP?

can you share your experience ?

how did you manage to push the PR without account assignment to SRM.?

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the official SAP response is direct procurement is not supported in classic for any business scneario.

We give SRM what it wants:

Create Dummy account assignment

Create dummy cost center

You could actually use any cost object, but we made a copy of K as it best fit our needs.

Basically during transfer we insert cost object, then when creating the PO from SRM we strip the cost object back out. I'm sure this can be done without creating dummy account assignments, as you know fico will push back on this request, but the dummy account assignment is useful as its unique to this process and can be used as a trigger.

You need 3 badis to accomplish this.

BBP_BADI_EXTREQ_OUT

BBP_ACCCAT_MAP_IMP

BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW

Its a little more tricky than appears on the surface, but I have done this exact development at 2 different customers and has been running at one customer for 2 years with no issues, and the other just a few months with no issues.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

GREAT Justin ....Good ..

Thanks for your valuable information . This is very good method . even i have read our experts replies.

good to know

Indeed apreciate your help on this.

br

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks mutha,

You are correct, the req cannot be turned into PO because the procurment profile has been assigned. preq xxxxx can only be ordered in system xxxxxx.

The problem is not with the procurement profile, its get assigned everytime. however, eprtrans is not updated with this req.

thanks

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin

so EPROFILE sets properly in PR but it is not writing into EPRTRANS table?

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mutha.

All of the entries in the note and document you provided are maintained.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin

EPROFILE is important for us. it determies everything. i.e as you aware it will not allow you to create PO for PR in R/3. Can you create PO w.r.t PR which comes from MRP PR.

if eprofile is set in PR, this can be transfered to other system for further processing like sourcing.

I am also hairing out.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mutha.

Yes, the material group/purchasing group comibination matches the req and the procurement profile is assigned in the eban table. However, the eprtrans table is not updated with req.

same material, pgroup, matgrp, etc creating it manually updates the eprtrans table. Also, if i change the mrp generated req it updates the eprtrans table, but if mrp generates the req, the erprtrans table is not updated despite the procurment profile assignment in eban. req is not in release strategy.

thanks,

justin

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi justin

Can you refer these links.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/802a11ff-efc9-2b10-ee93-c9c9fbae...

SAP Note 656597 - External requirements not transferred to SRM

regards

Muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

V_T160PR and V_T160EX views in R/3.

Check Map the Matl. Grp, Purch.Grp & the destination Logical system(SRM).

Can you check your Purchase group and material group combination matches of your PR.

double check it up material grp/ pur grp combination of mrp pr, As you said first eprofile must be set in EBAN

regards

Muthu