cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Receiver - File Size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

does anyone have experience with the filesize that can be handled with a JDBC receiver? I have a csv flat file at a size of nearly 30MB. There's no complex mapping necessary, I just want to send the data to an Oracle database in async mode. BTW, since I am experienced with PI but not with JDBC is a mapping necessary at all or is the adapter transforming the file itself like the file adapter?

Thanks,

Ralph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need a mapping to reflect the action (insert, update) and structure (table name) etc. in your message.

The file size should not be a problem. I've done similar sizes without any problems.

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kai,

thank you for your very quick answer. Last question before the jury is gonna sharing the points, what happens with the data exactly? Can I directly change the database without any further actions or am I just providing the data for a kind of loading script? In case of a loading script who/what will start it?

Thanks again,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the mapping you will provide an XML structure that carries all the data that's needed to fill the DB. As you know XML is not the language a DB understands - so the JDBC receiver channel that passes the data will transform the information to what is understood by the DB and it is also the trigger.

Hope that answers all your questions.

You're welcome!

Cheers

Kai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos