cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Memory for each Dialog User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am not shure this is the right place for my question, but i hope you can help me.

My Company acquired another company, this company has also a SAP System 620. No i must

implementation this SAP Envirorment in our Datacenter.

No my question:

1: How many memory need on Dialog User?

2: Can i configure this in one Application Server (up to 1000 User) or must splitt this in 1 Centralinstance and 3 Dialoginstance?

The OS is Windows Enterprise 2003 x64, the Database DB2 V.9.5. or Oracle 10g installed on a separated Server.

Thank`s for your help

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

brian_walker
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Robert,

I just looked at our ECC 6.0 system. It looks that on average, our users are consuming about 10meg per dialog session. Obviously some consume more (or much more) or less than that, and this is per session, so some users are running 2 or 3 sessions. Much of the memory consumed depends on the roles they are assigned and the functionality in SAP that they use.

Sounds like you need some help resizing.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

thank's for your fast answer. To your question, i don't need help. Thank You.

I just wanted to know if it defaults per user for the rough planning.

It is currently no issue.

Thank's for your help

Robert

brian_walker
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Robert,

No problem. If you have the time/resources, it might still be a good idea to go through the quicksizer. The memory consumption can vary widely depending on the functions used.

I don't work for SAP and I am not a consultant, just a Basis guy for my company, so I have no vested interest in whether you choose to resize or not.

Regards!

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

thank's for the tip's, i think i can close this thread.

Thank's

Robert