Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Custom authorization object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created a custom authorization Object for training purpose in QN envirnment.

Could you please let me know how to delete this object from the system?.

Regards

Geetha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe the system will check whether it is in any code or any role/profile. (Check SAP_ALL as well)

Once all those are clear you can delete the object.

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe the system will check whether it is in any code or any role/profile. (Check SAP_ALL as well)

Once all those are clear you can delete the object.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I have not added this custom authorization object to any t-code or any role/profile.

Which t-code should be used to delete this object and how to delete it? Any steps or procedure will be helpful.

Regards,

Geetha

0 Kudos

You can go to SU21 and delete this new Authorization Object...

It will give you a pop up "where used", let it run, since you haven't used it any where, it would delete once it verifies it automatically.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

abaco-tao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a custom authorization object in SU21 named "ZKOFAX1", in class MM_R.

It wasn't exactly what I needed, so I removed it from the only role using it and deleted it.

Then I created a new one, named "M_KOFAX_PD", also in class MM_R.
Turns out it still has an unnecessary authorization field in it, so I tried deleting that field, but the option to delete it isn't available.

So I decided to simply delete the whole authorization object and created a new one.

But when I try to delete the object (which isnt being used in any role or profile), I receive the message:

Object M_KOFAX_EK belongs to SAP; deletion is not permitted
Message no. UE209

All these objects were put in a transport request, but I haven't released it yet, so all objects should remain editable (SAP Note 2650524)... no? I'm searching for an answer, but still haven't found any.

Any ideas on this?

Kind regards,
tao