cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change status profile on project definition level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm assigning project status profile on project definition level in transaction CJ20N. After saving the project, it is not possible anymore to delete the profile and enter a different one. The field is in display mode. I've checked that this is not due to field selection. Could you please explain what is the reason of such behaviour? Where is customizing you decide whether the profile can be changed?

Kind regards, Aleksandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

@Ramesh - changing the status profile is for sure possible as I did it in previous project.

@Nitin - I'm refering to WBS status profile that you assign in CJ20N on project definition level -> Basic Data -> Press icon with 'I' to go to the 'Change Status' view. At tab Status, you can see Status profile (bottom part)

Kind regards, Aleksandra

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi I got your point,

One you activate user status for P.D. and than after you want to change the User status profile for the P.D that is not posssible because that will become in dispaly form....

Why System is maid in this way, because If you have activated one user status for the P.D. and that after you are changing the P.D. user status profile and active one more user status. Than this will lead to conflicting situation for the system.

The same is true for all the SAP object for which user status we can maintain....

If you wanted to check you can check via crating one user status profile(In that profile don't set tick mark for the initial status ) and assign the same to your pd.

When there is no user status is activated at that time, you will be alllow to change the user status profile in the system. Once you activate the user status for teh P.D. the user status field will become dispaly.

Regards

Nitin

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi If you are taaking abt the WBS status Profile which is avilable on control data tab of Project defination that it is changble after saving the project.

in your post you are referring to assigning project status profile on project definition level in transaction CJ20N " can you tell me where you are reffering. with exact menu path. I am not able ot follow your Q.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as far as i know, it is really no longer possible to change. however you can still control the default status profile for subsequent WBS elements in the control data tab under WBS status profile field.

you can set a default status profile for the project definition at the project profile.. but still you cannot set/customize such that you will be allowed to change status profile for proj def at anytime.. this is standard system behavior..

anyone who knows if there is some sort of enhancement/user exit for this could probably help further..

regards