cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen enable/disable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I have a webDynpro view .View contains group,toolbar,buttons and other UIelements.

On pressing a button,i want to disable the screen(meaning that user shouldnot have a chance to modify the content).It is something like a submit and you wait for an event to enable the screen for further user intraction.(Retaining the status before submit).So whatever the fields were protected before submit should also be protected.

Is there any simpler way to do that ?.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Every UI element has an "enabled" property. If you bind the "enabled" property of all these UI elements to a common context attribute, you can disable all at once by setting the attribute value to false.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Armin,

I knew this one.Sorry that i didnt explain my situation clearly.

I have Some 28 inputfields out of which 10 are already controlled by seperate context attributes based on some algorithem.

In my situation i have many context attributes to controle the enable property of the UIelements.

So i cannot use 1 attribute to controle the entire screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps you could bind the "readOnly" property of these input fields to calculated attributes that take the view-global attribute into account?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Armin,

I have solved my problem.Now i make use of seperate contexts for ReadOnly and Enable properties of UIElements.

Thanks for your Help .

Answers (0)