Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Deserialization Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently trying to test a web service:

PurchaseRequestCreateRequestConfirmation_In

From the Discovery system to a provider ERP system.

In the WSNavigator which is on the Discovery system, I entered values for the input parameters of the web service and clicked the "next" button. I got the following error:

"Error during deserialization of the SOAP reresponse on the client: XML Deserialization Error. XML is not valid. Element []<Item> is required in <n0:PurchaseRequestCreateConfirmation_sync> but can not be found."

Any Help will be appreciated.

Kind Regards'

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason for this is that the response doesn't have this object: Element []<Item>. I guess you marked it in the response with "@XmlElement(required = true)". But then it really has to be there - but it isn't. If you mark it as "@XmlElement(required = false)". You will not get this error.

Regards,

DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we are also facing a similar issue while executing from WSnavigator.

"Error during deserialization of SOAP re-response on the client: XML Deserialization Error. XML Node [tABC] is not allowed to be null. This is restricted by schema description".

But this element is not mandatory at all. May be a problem with WSnavigator?

I also tried using XMLSpy and it is a success there.

Thanks

Dhanish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Please atleast one Item for the Purchase Request you have created and then give a try.

Regards,

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

What I mean is, please enter atleast one Item in the input message.

In the message structure you can find "Item". Click on the "+" mark and enter an item Then try executing the service.

Regards,

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats what I've been doing. I tested the same service in a SAP demo environment and got no problems.

Kind Regard's

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Please check the output xml that you get in the navigator below Response.

You will get the error message why Item is not being created.

Regards,

Shankar