cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different pricing procedures on Sales order and billing documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have come across a situation where I will have to maintain seperate pricing procedures for Sales order and the corresponding billing document.

I was just wondering if this is normal. In my previous projects I always had same pricing procedure for the order and the billing.

Please share your experience.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on the business need different pricing procedure in sales order and billing document may require. For the same customer system may propose different pricing for sales order and billing document within the same sales area based on the document pricing procedure.

One should take care while seting the copy control at item level. The field pricing type is an extremely important field.When copying rules are being defined, you may refer to OSS note 24832 and 26115. This becomes more critical when both the pricing procedure have some common pricing conditions. Otherwise one can set the value B .

Also if the scenario pertains to Brazil then at header level set the proper copying routines.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will work only in this scenario only suppose you ordered before buget and you are billed after buget where new tax is implemented and you want the new tax condition type to be implemented then you want to set a new PP in Billing doc type.

i hope this will work

Edited by: Raj Kumar on Mar 10, 2009 3:18 PM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friend

This is a very common requirement in many implementations depending on the scenario

Sales order with one pricing procedure The same sales order when goes for billing

Billing document with another pricing procedure

Settings needed

Order type VOV8 has a document pricing procedure Say A

Billing type VOFA has a document pricing procedure Say B

Sales area 1000,10,00 and CPP is 1

OVKK settings is like this

1000,10,00 DPP A, CPP1 Pricing procedure is RVAA01

1000,10,00 DPP B, CPP1 Pricing procedure is RVAA02

The control data in both RVAA01 and RVAA02 is different

In VTFL between your del type to billing type aunder the header that item level The pricing type should be B (carry out new pricing) if delivery related billing

In VTFA betwen your ord type to billing type aunder the header that item level The pricing type should be B (carry out new pricing) if ordery related billing

Now the same sales order will carry PP RVAA01at order level and RVAA02 at the billing document

There can be some business scenarios you want to add some extra discount at the time of billing

That time you have a discount type added in the billing PP so that it is reflected in the billing

This is scenario dependent

Hence SAP has given the option of DPP in VOFA so that by billing documentwise we can differentiate

To achieve this Copy control settings and DPP should be different both in VOV8 and VOFa

Regards

Raja