Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaster Recovery

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have SAP ECC 6.0 on Windows and DB2. The client has asked us to create a Technical plan for disaster recovery.

It should contain the details of

1. what files(log files, I suppose) would be replicated and when would this replication be done.

2. How would the backup system be created (Homogenous system copy, I suppose)

3. and any other technical details that are important.

Could someone please guide me with the technical details of this.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Found info elsewhere on the net.

Thanks.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

Disaster recovery is not just an activity... you need to put a very well detailed plan so you can recover the system in the case something serious happen. I really hope your client is not reading this...

1. what files(log files, I suppose) would be replicated and when would this replication be done.

This pretty much depend on what kind of scenario you have in mind and what are the recovery time your customer is expecting... if you are planning to have a stand by system or if you will recover the system from backup, etc...

2. How would the backup system be created (Homogenous system copy, I suppose)

You mean stand-by system?.... HSC will be fine, usually you'll need to recover from latest backup, redologs.... (Be aware that both system will crash if they are in the same network, with the same SID, system_number, IP Address, hostname, etc.)

3. and any other technical details that are important.

All other details are important... you will be expected to recover the system in full in a frame of time, so if you have 1,2 or 10 systems you'll have to recover them so they can work as the prodution system was before the "Disaster".

I think this is a quite extensive subject which is very different from one company to another one, depending on their landscape, availability requirements, internal policies, etc... so my recomendation to you is to gather all the info and study the different alternatives before making any suggestions.

Regards

Juan

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you provide some documents with technical specs or may be some examples/case-study, etc.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately no.

You'll find plenty of info on the Web.

Regards

Juan