Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass update records through Portal iViews

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

Is it possible to perform mass updates (updates of multiple records in parallel) through Portal iViews?

The Data Manager enables you to select multiple records from the record list and then update one or more fields common for all the selected records. As far as I can tell the Item Details iView only supports one record, but do you know how mass update could be solved in the portal iViews?

We are currently on MDM 5.5 SP06 Patch4.

Thank you very much!

Br,

Kenneth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

As far as i know i do not think it is possible to perform mass update in portal using Standard iViews.

As in MDM Data manager you do not need to specifically select any EDIT button to update mass

All you need to do is just select all the records you want to change and make the changes in the record pane.

On the other hand for records in portal you have to select the record individually and press the edit button to allow editing it.

In this case Mass updates are not supported.

The mass updates is a feature specific to the MDM Datamanager where the number of records to be updated simultaneously can also be specified

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Simona.

I kind of expected that, but was hoping there was some kind of workaround. Do you know if it would be possible to develop our own iViews with such functionality?

I assume the iViews communicate with MDM using the Java API, so can you perfom mass updates using Java API's?

-Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

As far as i know there is no such direct MDM Java Api Function or method to perform Mass updates on records as we can do it in MDM.

However the workaround that you can use is:

- You can use the MDM Java api to search and select the records that you wish to update simultaneously using the internal IDs

- Then you will have to use a looping mechanism on those records

- And set the particular Field or Fields that you wish to have a common value.

- And then set that value for all those fields simultaneously

- This will mass update all the selcted records.

This will require pure coding and customizing of the code.You can use the MDM Java api functions available to work out a solution for this but it will be hard coded and not very flexible.

You can also have a look at all the Packages and the methods included in them for the MDM SP06 version:

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/MDM/SP06P2/index.html (Java Docs for SP06)

https://help.sap.com/javadocs/MDM/current/index.html (java api codes)

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you very much for your input.

We will have to see if the solution to this actually is to use the Data Manager in parallel to Portal iViews, as the coded variant you suggest would be to rigid for us.

Br,

Kenneth

Answers (0)