Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to give my SAP HR associates all authorizations for HR modules.I tried to assign them P_All profile but with that they are unable to work for t-code PM01.Can u pls suggest any role/profile which I can assign them so that they get all HR authorizations.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

P_ALL itself will not give all access. If you want to assign the authorizations with the standard profiles, give SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW also.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Boss If I would have given SAP_ALL I would not have posted this question..I want a standard sap profile/role other than sap_all which will give me all HR authorizations..

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could have a look at the standard SAP_HR* roles and copy one or more of those to your own namespace. Modify the copies to your need, generate the profiles and assign them to your users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ashley,

The PM01 is a customising HR transaction and is not contained in P_ALL profile. You need to add this seprately.. the only P object associated with it is for transaction start...

Best Wishes,

CP

0 Kudos

Boss PM01 is a standard HR transaction to create Infotypes..

0 Kudos

> PM01 is a standard HR transaction to create Infotypes..

But as far as I can see it is not included in any SAP standard role (on ECC 6.0). Profiles usable are the beforementioned SAP_ALL as well as S_A.ADMIN, S_A.CUSTOMIZ, S_A.DEVELOP and S_A.SYSTEM. These each carry their own risks that need to be investigated before you use them.

I think building a role for your needs is the best option.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can resolve this in two steps.

1. Copy the HR module from SAP Menu and create a respective role. (this wil become big role)

2. Create another role with proper SPRO authorizations related to HR module.

This will be enough for the consultant access. Again in production you should proovide only display access. That means you can create the display version of the above roles.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

>

> Boss PM01 is a standard HR transaction to create Infotypes..

Like I said it is a customizing transaction. And if you have a look as I said it has no P_* authorization object associated with it!

You need to provide access to this explicitly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnaks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley,

Is this resolved ? if not...

I think we can create one new role and in authorization tab click on the selection criteria and then insert all the HR objects and asign this role to the user and see whether this will work.....good luck

If resolved please let me know how u got this solved....

Thx,

Lisa Pl