cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anything special in SRM from developer's perspective?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most of ABAP developers have worked in ERP environment and some in CRM system too.

When a SRM system appears as an opportinity to make custom development, what are main differences compared to ERP development remembering that ERP still has lots of "old" but valid stuff like SapScript and old user-exits and SRM is relatively new environment without having the "old burden".

So how would you describe SRM from developer's perspective? Anything unfamiliar for normal ABAPer?

I had these questions in mind and rec?

• Similar like CRM, where lots of tables play with GUIDs only?

• Printing: no SapScripts but Smartforms and Adobe only? Forms print customizing works like Actions in CRM and not like message output customizing in ERP (table TNAPR)?

• It has part of XI (integration engine and XI content) I have heard, thus interfacing means mostly working with ABAP proxy class methods?

• IDOCs and BAPIs is a valid interface technology too?

• You must work more with ABAP classes than in ERP?

• GUI development: more browser based applications than SAPGUI transactions? => gui development not much dialog programming? What is current browser technology: BSP or Webdynpro?

• Some special enhancement concept like EEWB (easy enhancement workbench) in CRM?

When answering, please consider that my interest is in the latest versions of SRM 5.0 to 7.x.

Br: Kim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

one answer to your question:

GUI development: more browser based applications than SAPGUI transactions? => gui development not much dialog programming? What is current browser technology: BSP or Webdynpro?

SRm 5.0 BSP

SRM 7.0 Webdynpro

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope this answers give you some more idea about the SRM development environment.

Similar like CRM, where lots of tables play with GUIDs only?

--> Yes.In SRM also most of the tables have GUID's as the primary key for all the objects.

Printing: no SapScripts but Smartforms and Adobe only? Forms print customizing works like Actions in CRM and not like message output customizing in ERP (table TNAPR)?

-->Development of forms is using SMARTFORMS and ADOBE.The o/p generation can be controlled via custromizing in SPRO.

• IDOCs and BAPIs is a valid interface technology too?

-->Yes knowledge of IDOCS and BAPI's is widely required in some scenarios where there is data replication/data flow between SRM and connected systems.

• You must work more with ABAP classes than in ERP?

E.g In SRM,for enhancements,BADIs are used instead of the conventional USer exits/screen exits/Fm exits etc as in R/3

• Some special enhancement concept like EEWB (easy enhancement workbench) in CRM?

-->Yes EEWB (like in CRM ) is also used in SRM for Vendor master ,Product master enhancement etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank's Daniel for the UI info. Is it WD-ABAP or WD-Java that SRM 7.x version uses?

From icons attached to your profile, I can see that you are from SAP and a moderator of this application area. If I kindly ask, can you provide little more information on those other issues (than UI) I mentioned ( or choose your own words to discribe the difference in developer's feelings compared to working with standard ERP).

Some told me that GUIDs are heavily used in SRM tables, which seem to correlate SAP CRM environment.

br: Kim