Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aultomatic User Locks due to no activity/no logins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am on version 4.6C. I am looking for a way to lock users automatically if they don't logon for a period of lets say 90 days. I want to know if there is a way, preferably a system parameter which can do this for me?If not is there any standard way to automate this?

Best Wishes,

CP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmay,

According to my knowledge there is no standard way to lock users automatically. We have developed customised program for this and scheduled daily background job after business time to lock users who have not logged in system for more than 90 days.

Regards,

Sneha

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmay,

According to my knowledge there is no standard way to lock users automatically. We have developed customised program for this and scheduled daily background job after business time to lock users who have not logged in system for more than 90 days.

Regards,

Sneha

0 Kudos

I think it depends on your version. My NetWeaver 2004 miniSAP has a parameter called "login/password_max_idle_productive". According to [SAPhelp|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/22/41c43ac23cef2fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm] this is available after SAP NetWeaver 6.40.

So basically upgrading is a way to automate this Or bespoke programming like Sneha suggested.

0 Kudos

Well I was trying to find a way out of having a Z program... if upgrade is the way to do that.. i think i will need to stick to the Z program itself!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes.. It can be achieved with a Z program only in 4.6c.

Rgds,

Raghu Boddu