cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Use Acknowledgements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented a scenario where I need to have a technical acknowledgement, on invoking an RFC using the ABAP proxy. I have read about the processing of acknowledgements in the documentation under:

http://help.sap.com//saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/29/345d3b7c32a527e10000000a114084/content.htm

Unfortunately the documentation doesn't describe how to implement caching the acknowledgement. Does anybody else know how to do this? I don't want to use integration processes.

Kind regards,

Heiko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you have a look at the how to document on handling acknowledgements ?

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000071155&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_O...

ShaBZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ShaBZ

I know this document but my scenario is different. I invoke an RFC using the ABAP proxy. There are no IDOCs around

Cheers,

Heiko

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well i am not sure about acknowledgemnts in case of RFC ...

Can you ellaborate on your scenario and where actually the ack. part comes into the picture !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

the ack shall be returned when the RFC has been called sucessfully in technical terms. It shall produce a message which can be picked up by means of XI (excluding BPM) and written to a file.

You know: I want to generate a file when a message has been passed to the RFC with no problems inside XI. That's all.

Kind regards,

Heiko

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko,

>>>>You know: I want to generate a file when a message has been passed to the RFC with no problems inside XI. That's all.

you can easily achieve it without BPM

call your RFC and if the RFC was called then

call another RFC (outbound from r3 - xi - file)

with a status message

you can also wrap your RFC with another RFC

to make sure you catch every exception from the first one

and then invoke the "status RFC" to XI

this will give you much more control and this will

be an application ack in a way

you can also create the "status" RFC

as a more standard one so you'll be able to reuse it

many time for "application confirmations"

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm .. excluding BPM .. i am not sure ....

but yeah with BPM for sure ...

But do try out the idea suggested by Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

thanks for your suggestion but I don't have any control on the RFC side. It is not possible for me to wrap or modify the RFC.

Cheers,

Heiko

Answers (0)