cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Posting Date in Accounting Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Query: While Releasing Invoice Document (BL) for Account Posting, How can we change the Posting Date for Accounting Document (AB)?

Explanation: User has created one Invoice on 26.02.2009. that time, Because of Missing Foreign Trade Data, No Accounting Document had been generated. Now, if today i.e. 10.03.2009, I maintain Foreign Trade Data and Release Invoice for Account Posting, The Accounting Document will be posted as on Today's Date, i.e. 10.03.2009.

User's requirement is the Invoice Document (BL) Date and Accounting Document (AB) Date must be same, i.e. 26.02.2009.

It shouldn't be like Invoice is getting generated on 26.02.2009 and Accounting Document is getting posted on 10.03.2009.

Thanks in Advance.

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Amit,

are you sure that the released accounting document date is the current date 10.03? as to my knowledge, it should be the same as the invoice's generating date 26.02. at least, in our system, it is the case like i said.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

It was a User confusion with Creation Date of Invoice, Billing Date of Invoice and Posting date of Accounting Document.

User had created Invoice on some 01.03.2009 but Kept Billing Date as 26.02.2009. So, while released Accounting Doc. on 10.03.2009 (Releasing date and not Posting Date), It gets Posted on 26.02.2009, only, and not on 10.03.2009.

The whole confusion was:

When User refers Document Flow (for Invoice in VF02), System shows Invoice Date as 01.03.2009, against Accounting Posting Date 26.02.2009.

Whereas,

When I showed FBL5N to user, BL Document and AB Document both get posted on 26.02.2009 only.

Its Clear now.

Best Regards,

Amit

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Michael

In normal circumstances, if any billing document is blocked for some reasons and at a later date, if you complete those datas and release to FI, that date will be your Posting Date in Accounting Document.

Ofcourse you can change this control in obb8 where you can see a tab "Default for baseline date". Here in general, Document date would have been selected.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amit

First have the Posting Block in VOFA for your billing type. Then try with User Exit ZXVVFU01 which will aptly suit your requirement.

Through this user exit, you can apply a logic in such a way that while releasing the billing document to FI, a date should pop up which should then update Field BUDAT in Table BKPF.

But most importantly, as you should be aware, only if the period is open, the end users can predate the posting date accordingly.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the Added Information.

Though, User query wasn't that complicated , as i expected.

It was just a User-Confusion between Creation Date and Posting Date.

Best Regards,

Amit