cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving an Interactive Form WITH filled in data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario:

We have created an interactive form in the ABAP environment (SFP).

The user receives the interactive PDF form as an eMail attachment.

The user needs to fill in the form AND save it WITH the filled in informatiion.

Right now, the user cannot save the form WITH the filled in information.

Why?

The Adobe help says:

<i>You can't save the data that you enter into the PDF form, unless the form author included additional usage rights in the PDF file.</i>

How do I include these <i>'additional usage rights'</i>?

We are on NetWeaver 04, and the ADS is fully installed and configured on the Java stack.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Karin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karen

did you configure the ADS connection in the ABAP system in TA SM59? The usage or Reader Rights are applied on the ADS, so there must be something wrong with your configuration.

Also, if you use SFP to create the form in NW '04, be aware that there is no automatic way to transfer the data from the form back into the ABAP backend - this is possible with Web Dynpro for ABAP in NetWeaver 2004s. SFP in NW '04 does not provide the back-conversion from XML in the PDF to ABAP structures. You would have to create code to updtae the backend.

Kind regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a form using transaction SFP. I don't use any web dynpro.

The issue is that I am not able to automatically have the data back in the SAP program.

The only solution I have found is saving the PDF locally, then calling the METHOD cl_gui_frontend_services=>file_open_dialog and finally extracting the data from the XML file.

It works this way.

I would like to automate this process, I mean, I would like to automatically save the pdf (after pushing a submit button) into a specific folder and then to be able to read it.

The aim is to avoid having too many manipulations.

I tried the xfa.host.exportdata("",0) but i cannot specify a path because my pdf is not certified!

Thank you for your help.

Damien