cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with File Content Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a flat file to read. I want to read one record per field. each record is 10 char long. Certain records are padded with spaces at end.

The issue is, content conversion routine is unable to capture the trailer spaces.

The Content Conversion Parameters are set as follows:

record.fieldFixedLength = 10

record.fieldContentFormatting = nothing

example of data coming in file

VOL456####

HDR4######

Consider # as spaces/blanks.

I also tried using record.missingLastFields =error. but using this results in raising an error message instead of reading blanks.

Thanks,

Girish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Try to use NameA.missingLastFields / lastFieldsOptional parameters = True/False.

For more information on converting file structures http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Thanks

Hamja

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Can You please tell me u need that trailing spaces OR U Just want to read that Record..If U Just Want to read records just give endSeparator...

The Possibility of Getting that Error could be not able to find end separator..Give fixed field length and endSeparator both then it will recognize the records....If u didnt specify endSeparator it was unable to find the next record...Just Give EndSeparator and see....

Thanks,

Jyothi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you use the Content Conversion parameter "endSeparator" to identify the End of record.If not please try it out.

Thanks,

Kiran