cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Server Error AE 5.2 when displaying configuration fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am experiencing an error when attempting to display some parameters of the AE Configuration.

I am running AE5.2 at SP10

When attempting to display RequestConfiguration>Priority I receive the following error:

500 Internal Server Error

SAP J2EE Engine/7.00

Application error occurred during the request procession.

Details: com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.exceptions.WebIOException:

Error compiling [/scrLeftNav.linkConfigRequest.do] of alias [AE] of J2EE application [sap.com/AEEAR].

Exception id: [0018FE87E5AE0056000000BB00000F08000464B71781B375]

When I execute this on my test system, I receive what is expected:

Request Configuration

Priority

Priority Short Desc Description

AVERAGE AVERAGE Set Request Approval Priority

I also receive the same error during other selections: Request Configuration>Employee Type

Other parameters such as Workflow>Escape Route; Connectors>Available Connectors to name a couple just "loop" and do not return anything

Obviously, there is something out of sync between my test system and production system since the test system is not experiencing any issues; the BASIS group did their part and can't seem to find any differences between the two environments

I tend to believe there may be something "corrupted" that relates to the configuration functions but don't know enough about where to start

I will be opening up a message with SAP but thought I would throw this out there in case anyone has any suggestions

Thanks

Jerry Synoga

Ryerson,Inc.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jerry,

I think something is corrupted in the DB. You can try to download the initial system data and re-import it with clean and insert option. Let me know what is SAP's input after looking at your system.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jerry ,

Export the configuration data from your test system and import in production system with clean and insert option .

After this is done , restart your J2ee .

regards

Jasmine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmine,

If I export my TEST data to import to my PROD system, wouldn't I have some issues with configuration data that identifies the system?

I'm not familiar with exactly what data would be exported

You also say to restart J2EE - is this error related to something corrupted in Java or is that what is driving everything in the configuration

Could the configuration data be exported from the production system and then imported with clean and inseet option? exactly what does this do?

Thanks

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Members,

This problem was identified with the jdk libraries

I opened a message with SAP and they worjked with our BASIS group and found that the jdk libraries were missing; no one is sure how this happened but it did.

Once BASIS restored these libraries, everything was working fine.

This all started when I was implemnenting REAFFIRM processing for selected roles. This is working fine also.

This issue has been resolved and this message is now files as answered

Thanks everyone for the responses.

Jerry