cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Book data and Live Cache report data differs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Planning area Source and Bex Report source are Live cahe but the data differs. When I save the planning book and execute the report the data looks same.

I checked the Planning area extract data ( Extras -> Data Extraction Tools --> Test data source) and it was also different from the planning book. Once saved all the data were identical.

Do the user need to save everytime she opens a planning book, so that the data look similar in the report? Is this is a bug or any settings error from our side? Please suggest to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Chandra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra and all,

Two things you can be done here.

1. Add Parameter /SAPAPO/SDP94_D_MODE = I (initial) to all relevant users. This will set default setting of interactive planning as Display mode. So unless users want to change they would be in display mode.

2. Add 'Adjust time series while creating char combinations and Run consistency check on regular basis. e.g. Early morning.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to save the plannning book only if any one value in the plannnig book is changed by manual entry or a default macro..

Do you think there is a possibility that a macro must have run which resulted in the change of values?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

If there is any discrepancy in planning book and live cache data, there could be inconsistency in data within the system. Please carry out the following reports.

1) /SAPAPO/OM17 - liveCache Consistency Check

2) /SAPAPO/TSCONS - Consistency Check for Time Series Network

3) /SAPAPO/PSTRUCONS - Consistency Check for Planning Object Structure

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for your help and I have ran all the specified reports and coulsn't find any inconsistency in their results.

Hi Anuradha,

Yes we do have a default macro which is also included as the background job. If the issue because of the default macro, can you suggest what to do further to avoid the discrepancy in the data in planning book and Live Cache?

FYI, we have checked the live cache , the key figure which is not populated through a macro is showing correct value in planning book and live cahce. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Chandra,

Edited by: CHANDRA SEKHAR VANGOOR on Mar 10, 2009 8:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the macro is run in a background job , a save of this data automtically happens..so in that case..you can remove the macro from the default event if a job is already running that macro.

If the macro is assigned to a default event and not run in a job...then create a job to include this macro and remove it from the default event so that the user need not hit save always.