cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in delivery quantity (vs) sales order quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where my client was telling me that they created sales order quantity for 100 and the delivery was created for 101 quantity and they needed explanation for it.

I checked the sales order and the confirmed quantity against the schedule lines is still 100.

My guess is that when they created the delivery through VL10C , they might have accidentaly changed the quantity to 101 because of which the delivery got created for 101 . But the customer is not ready to accept it .

I would like to know whether the above situation is possible because of any other setting /changes . To me no other reason strikes me apart from whatever reasoning I gave .

Will appreciate any of your help in this.

Thanks

Shridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shridhar

Check wheather because of any backorders the stock is getting confirmed as per the delivery date. and when you have run the report VL10A then the variation might have come because of 100pcs ,101pcs might have come

Also check wheather the UoM is varying or not at sales order level and delivery level (Ex: 1box =10pcs)

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

I don't think this can happen in standard SAP a quantities are confirmed against the particular document and I am sure that backorders can't affect this . If this is the case ,then its an SAP bug .

I also checked the UoM in the first place and there is no difference in sales order and delivery UoM.

Thanks

Shridhar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shridhar

First check you should see in TCode zeroVLP where you can see a field Check overdelivery. Here you should maintain B in which case, your issue will be solved.

Then you can check in VD52 or XD02 whether any over delivery tolerance is maintained.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I have checked everything and 0VLP reads the over delivery selection option as "A" which means "Note the situation".

There is no over delivery tolerance maintained either in the customer master or CMIR.

I know that had the over delivery been "B" it would have thrown the error ,but in the present optio it does allow to change the delivery quantity value manually in VL10C.

The fun part is customer is not ready to accept the fact that she or someoneelse did it ,because she is the one who created the delivery.

Anyways thanks a lot for you as well as Shivram .

Thanks

Shridhar

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the change history for the delivery document?

If the users manually change, then the system provides the details.(Menu Environment -> Changes in VL02N).

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivram,

If the quantity is changed before the delivery creation ,it is not captured in the history.

Thanks

Shridhar

0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar Ganesh,

If you have an overdelivery tolerance set-up in your sales order, per example if you have sales order quantity 100 PC and you have an overdelivery tolerance 10% so it is possible to have and delivery quantity of 110 PC (100 PC + 10% of 100).

I hope to help you.

Mariano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should not be possible in normal circumstances.

Is the unit of measure the same on order and delivery?

You will have to check all the copy rules and routines to determine if this ia allowed from sales order to delivery.

Are you using external warehouses ?

There are a lot of questions that need to be asked before you can home on on what may be wrong or what happened.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javaid,

We are not using any external warehouse scenario. Moreover the UoM in the sales order and delivery are the same (EA).

I don't think there was aany change in copy controls in the past one week ,because that would have caused a havoc in other situations.

Thanks

Shridhar

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the delivery item category (T.code 0VLP). There is field Check overdelivery. It looks there the value assigned is either 0 or 1. If any one of this value is set, then in the customer-material information record (T.code VD52) or in customer master, if any over delivery tolerance is set, then it is possible to have the delivery quantity greated than sales order quantity.

If your process does not want over delivery, then you can set value B in the delivery item category - check overdelivery field.

Regards,