cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you restrict access to a business process structure in Solution Mngr

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have set up a business process structure in Solution Manager that includes Finance to Manage and Hire to Retire.

Although it is Ok for people to display the documentation in each area, we do have the requirement that the people owning Finance to Manage should not able to change the documentation in Hire to Retire and visa versa. Is there a security object that restrict this access? Are there other ways doing this?

Thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member269022
Participant
0 Kudos

Easiest way to do this is by maintaining appropriate Teams/Team Members under the Administration Tab in SOLAR01.

So if a particular team is responsible for Business Scenario A and everything underneath it... assign the team members in Administration Tab

Others will only get to view without getting to make any changes.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you do this at the scenario level, or do you have to do this for each step level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you tell what actual role you need to use to make this happen? We are using Application Implementation and Configuration AND have "Restrict changes to nodes in project to assigned team members: turned on. Still the user id can do anything he wants in every node without being assigned in the admin tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Pls can you confirm me whether the approach discussed in this thread worked for you. It didnt work for me.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We ended up using Project Admin tab at each step and business process level. That worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

But in your previous reply you have specified that still users were able to modify everything. Did you do anything extra to restrict such access?

best rgds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We ended up with a training role, that only had access to the training tab, a development role that only had access to the development tab and a configuration role, that had access to configuration tab. In addition we gave everyone display access to all the tabs.

The change was organized with an authorization object, and only those user id's who had this could change it if they were assigned in the project admin tab.

Hope this helps

Paul

miljenko_kranjec
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I still can't understand how you fixed this problem finally.

I also have request to restrict users to project structure, but this checking box for restricting users to nodes and assigning users to team member doesnu2019t work for me. Also, I didn't find any authorization object for project structure, so I don't know how to make SOLMAN to restrict users to particular folder in project structure, and of course all tabs in that allowed folder have to be admissible.

BR

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not a security person, but we have the following details in the profile. You can change these if you click on these areas changing it to display or change mode

SAP Solution Manager Tab AI_SA_TAB

--> SAP Solution Manager Tab

---> Activity 02, 90

---> Tab in SAP Solution Manager BCSETS, CONFIG, CUSTDOCU, GRAPHIC, IMG, ISSUE, (ETC.)

-

> Transaction Type in SAP Solution Manager 1

Hope this helps

Paul

miljenko_kranjec
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already had a role with an authorization object AI_SA_TAB with this values, but it still doesn't work on the project structure node level. In other word, with AI_SA_TAB you only managed tab authorization, but the system doesnu2019t know to which nodes in the project structure is this refers.

The solution was in authorization object S_PROJECT, I had to move activity 78, and then the authorization start working on assigned members only.

BR

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this authorization object AI_SA_TAB. Users can only the tabs which is defined under object.

Regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check whether any authorization object is availabel for this.