cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order configuration not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I created sales order with reference to Quotation for two material A and B, when i save it, it shows document incomple error. When i click on edit, screen display Item A - Configuration and Item B - Configuration. When i click on complete, system display further error screen "Configuration not possible for material A " and next blow line reason 3 -> help, similarity for material B also.

Friend how this problem can be solved.

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave

As you are getting Error as Configuration not possible for Material A , So just check the item category of the Material A & B and then go to VOV7 and check the BOM details of that item category .Check Wheather you have maintained as Single /Multiple BOM or kept that feild blank and also check the feild BOM Usage feild

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinath. In Item category TAN in BOM/Configuration screen, there was D in scope structure, I removed D and saved, then i tried to saved order, now it is allowing me to save.

Thanks

Dave

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello friend

This is picked from Requirement class

Select the two materials in the sales orders and go to the procurement tab and see what is the Requirement type maintained in the sales order for those two materials

Co to OVZH and see what is the Requirement class assigned to that Requirement type

In t code OVZG select that Requirement class and in that you can see configuration column

There are three controls

+ Configuration mandatory

star Configuration allowed

Minus Configuration is not allowed

I can confidently say for your Requirement class + is maintained (that is configuration mandatory) hence you are getting that pop up

Remove that maintain blank there and save and Log off from SAP for 1 minute and relog and and now create a fresh sales order and see

Your issue will be solved

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a materil to be configutable check:

The material type in basic data1 tab in material master for confirgurable material.

check whether the item category group in material master is 0002 or 0004.