cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.1 Migration problem - Grid Display Template not showing records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! Recently, we migrated our code from 11.5 SAP MII to 12.1 MII. Originally in our 11.5 application, we click a button, the query template is dynamically set (e.g. <query object>.setQueryTemplate(<name>), the Query is executed and the data is shown.

When I try to do the same thing after migrating our code to 12.1, the data is not shown in the grid (however, the data detail shows that the data is there; it's just not visible in the grid). Is there a problem with dynamically setting up query template templates for Grid Applets?

I realized this existed for another grid applet of ours but that was resolved with by including the <name="Query Template" Param="<QT>"> tag. However, when I want to overwrite it with another query template using a "onclick" button, the grid doesn't show the data.

Any help will be greatly appreciated?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was actually a bug that was part of the 12.1 Ramp Up effort. It's resolved now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron Cave ,

Check Path of Query Template which you set is correct.Since in Version 12 it stores all Query, Display and Transaction in Catalog.

Also Check Applet.

In Version 11.5 CODEBASE will be "/Illuminator/Classes" But in Version 12.0 it is "/XMII/Classes"

11.5 Applet

<APPLET NAME="DescGridAPP" WIDTH="752" HEIGHT="146" CODE="iGrid" CODEBASE="/Illuminator/Classes" ARCHIVE="illum8.zip" MAYSCRIPT>

</APPLET>

12.0 Applet

<APPLET NAME="DescGridAPP" WIDTH="752" HEIGHT="146" CODE="iGrid" CODEBASE="/XMII/Classes" ARCHIVE="illum8.zip" MAYSCRIPT>

</APPLET>

While setting query dynamically you are doing all these steps?

document.GridAPP.setQueryTemplate(TEMPLATENAME);

document.GridAPP.getQueryObject();

document.GridAPP.refresh();

Regards,

Padma.

Edited by: Rao on Mar 10, 2009 4:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, I have the CODEBASE set to "/XMII/Classes". It seems to be working correctly as long as I don't "dynamically" overwrite the query template being used in the Applet.

For example, in my code, I have the following:

<AppletName>.setQueryTemplate(stringName);

var queryObject = <AppletName>.getQueryObject();

queryObject.setParam(1, .....);

queryObject.setParam(2, ....);

<AppletName>.updateGrid(true);

So, it's verbatim the way you have it (except using the updateGrid(boolean) function). Would using the updateGrid function be that different than the "refresh()" method?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refresh() method is used to update the query to the current time and redraw the applet.

In the case of a time-based query, the refresh() method will update the start and end dates based on the current time less the duration/duration units, but the updateGrid method will use the specified dates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aaron,

Please make sure this ticket is logged with the necessary Ramp Up flag to SAP. Your Ramp Up Coach should be aware of all bugs found in your project.

Regards,

Kevin