cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are replicating Materials from ECC to SRM using R3AS.

We have filters in SRM (R3AC1) that allow specific materials to be replicated.

For example say materials A and B were replicated.

Now I change the filter to only allow A flow through.

BUT This does not delete B from SRM.

Also if I delete all materials and do initial load again...GUIDs are changed affecting the existing Shopping Carts?

How do I ensure that what is filtered is only visible to users when they create new carts while old carts are unaffected?

Thanks,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are creating a custom code to not allow users to select a item that is not active. This will be done when user is creating a new cart and adding an item.

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you change the filter after the inital load , already loaded materials will not be deleted from the system.

that is the reason why material B in your system is not deleted.

material data is one of the important master data and so should not be deleted from the system , is there any reason why you want to to delete the material from your system?

if you dont want to further use the material , it is better to deactivate it . And this should be done only after all the open documents using this materials are closed.

if you deactivate the material without closing already open documents , then you will encounter problems while you work with these documents.

apart from the initial load , it is also possible to update the material changes if required.

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set the product status as 'Locked/ Archived' in Product master data (commpr01). This would not allow users to search for this materials for future shopping carts.

Regards,

Sanjeev