cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool process hangs with reading TSP01,TSP02 table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Seek you help regarding the spool process issue.

In SM50 SPOOL work process shows time duration as 35336 seconds and status shows as running and table accessing is TSP01 now i got a case like no other users are able to print from sap since we have only one spool process has configured and it was blocked by one user.

I have tried all diagnostics like temse check,killed the user sessions and released the application locks deleting the old spool request and tried with cancelling the work process with core and with out core.

I couldn't find any thing starnge on develpoer trace too and i couldn't find any SM21 logs and dumps. I dont know why spool process is hanging for such a long time??

I have just restarted the sap instance and it was worked for couple of mins and again now i see the process has been occupied by another user. please need your suggessions?

how to release the work process.This issue is on production and much appriciated any suggessions,help.

Thanks,

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- update the database statistics for that table

- clean up old spools using RSPO1041

- check in SP01 which spool is printing currently (maybe it's too big)

- increase spool workprocesses (1 is very few for a production system)

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply, We have increased the spool work process and cleaned up some spool logs by executing report RSPO1041, Now it is running fine so far with out any issues.

I'm not sure about performing update the database statistics for a specific table ? is there any transaction or procedure for that. I believe i need to define these job in DB13 to run a Db statistics but i'm not sure to do this for specific table.

Many Thanks..

Best Regards,

Vinod

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thanks for your reply, We have increased the spool work process and cleaned up some spool logs by executing report RSPO1041, Now it is running fine so far with out any issues.

Good!

> I'm not sure about performing update the database statistics for a specific table ? is there any transaction or procedure for that. I believe i need to define these job in DB13 to run a Db statistics but i'm not sure to do this for specific table.

You can use transaction DB20 or use BRTOOLS ans specify the table.

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to know that your issue got fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check below SAP Notes

Note 720914 - No COMMIT on TSP01 after background termination

Note 324667 - Correspondence printing: Processes block on TSP01

Note 1023007 - Spool work process hangs when reading TST03

Note 108799 - How many spool work processes for each instance?

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the notes shushil,

I have gone through the notes and those are very informative. I have increased spool processes as earlier it was only one process in my production server. Now its fine and going good so far.

Many Thanks,

Vinod