cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Investment management - Assignment od AR to Multiple program Positions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does any body has worked on a scenario of assigning the appropriation requests to more than one program positions.

I know that the AR can be assigned to more than one position. But i am not able to see this request in IM52 T code which is used to distribute the Budget to measure from Investment program positions.

Request you to share your views.

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

'Multiple assignment of ARs' to different nodes and 'Budgeting in Program' are not permitted together in SAP.

If you want to use budgeting in IM Program (Type) you must use 'single assignment' only.

with regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Can you please help me getting the more information about this question?

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As I wrote earlier this is a constraint in the system that an investment object (say top level WBSE) can receive budget only from a single IM prog node. You can check this for yourself at the following place:

SPRO=>Investment Management=>Investment Programs=>Master Data=>Define Program Types

Check the 'Budgeting indicators' and uncheck 'Single Assignment' indicator.

When you try to save you'll get following warning message:

=================================================

Only single assignments are allowed when using budget distribution

Message no. AP276

Diagnosis

You specified budget distribution in your program type. When budget distribution is activated, you can assign measures and appropriation requests to only one investment program position. Multiple assignment to different program positions is not allowed.

System Response

The system does not allow the combination of budget distribution and multiple assignment.

Procedure

When using budget distribution, set the 'single assignment' indicator.

==================================================

Further, with every thing being correct, the current status of your Inv measure should allow Business transaction 'Budgeting' other wise this Inv Measure will not be visible in IM52 T-code.

Hoping your client gets convinced with this info.

with regards,

Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Shrivastav on Mar 14, 2009 7:06 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1- AR can not be assigned to multiple program positions.

2- if u want to distribute budget from program positions.

1- With AR

1-whatever plan value u have maintained in the variant , that will b rolled up to budgeting and will

be distributed to measure which is being mentioned in the allocation tab of AR.

2-without AR

1-Directly u can attach wbs/measures to IM position ids and can distribute budget from the

position ids.

ashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashis,

There is a standard functionality in SAP by which you can assign the appropriation request to more than one program positions and if you roll up the cost to position in IM34, then the cost also gets distributed to the different program positions.

But the main issue is with the budget. I am unable to distribute the budget with the above scenario. Hence request you to let me know if you get any information on it.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

please check the status of the AR.