Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel upgrade - 640 patch level 247 - subsequent patches needed

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi community,

I recently upgraded the kernel of our system SAP ECC 5.0 to kernel release 640 patch level 247

I used the the two files EXE and EXEDB as I usually do in this cases.

Unfortunately this kernel is affected with the problem described in note 1239685, which is critical for us.

To solve the problem SAP recommends upgrading kernel to patch level 252, which is not present in my files, but is present in the single disp+work package, which is level 273

What is the correct procedure in this case? I have to unpack only the disp+work package or all the archives listed in the download place?

Regards,

Valerio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to extract only disp+work package and it will extract the required files which comes onto this package to update the kernel,

We had the same issue in ECC 6.0 from kernel 144 to disp+work 167 on that time no other kernel was available

Regards,

Subhash

Edited by: Subhash Chandra on Mar 9, 2009 6:11 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tim_buchholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Valerio,

The packages SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR contain a complete set of database independent (SAPEXE.SAR) and database dependent (SAPEXEDB.SAR) executables. A kernel patch is delivered as a dw.SAR package. It is sufficient to extract the content of the dw.SAR into DIR_EXECUTABLE (normally /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run for a 6.xx system on UNIX). Of course, this should be done while the system is down.

Best Regards,

Tim

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody for your support.

My question can be considered as answered

Valerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unpack the disp+work package & apply it. No worries.

- Regards, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can go with subash advice.Even i could see Kernel patch 252 is not available yet.

Regard

Uday