cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while binding

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ppl,

I have created an instance of an object in swo1,to access all its attributes.In tcode swdd iam binding with task container with workflow container.i want to copy material group,and material type form task to workflow.but its displaying an error with 'Workflow Value of expression '&ZM1.MATERIALTYPE&' cannot be used as the target of an assignment.here ZM1 is the object instance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TASK -

> Workflow

&ZM1.MATERIALTYPE& -

> <to a element that should be a type of Material Type Data Element>

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya i agree..but i can also assign the object like zm1-materialgroup of task to zm1-mnaterialgroup of workflow rite..where zm1 is declared as object in both the containers....

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

instead of that why don't you assign OBJECT to OBJECT binding and aftetr the object instance comes in to the workflow , by using the container operation step you can acess the attributes of the Business Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok..but what is the difference binding between the objects VS taking the variables and binding each other.both work same only rite???

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pavan..pls leme know as iam new to this hot concept.iam getting a lot of confusion between these 2 issues.

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When we bind the object to object then the entire instnace of the object is assigend that is all the attribute values and the entire instance of the object.

But when you bind between attributes then only thte attribute values are transferred.

can you please let us know what is the type of ZM1 and what is its associated Business object type , so that we can help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

BOR business object which we create in swo1..could you please elaborate on this..i need a lot of info on workflow.As iam new to this topic.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess the problem lies with the naming convention.

Pls try to maintain the same name in the Task container as well as the Workflow container.

Are you passing the values from the Event container into the Task container and did the activation ?

This is required if you are passing the values into the WF and triggering the same on an Event.

The link below gives you a cear idea of Binding convept.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fd/55d6a58bea444f97feb99ab020789b/frameset.htm

Regards,

Krishna.

Edited by: Krishna on Mar 12, 2009 11:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved.