cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assessment Cost Element in Allocation Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can anybody explain me the purpose of Assessment Cost Element in Allocation Structure? Which C.Element do we exactly put here? I understand the debit Cost element goes in Source and the credit cost element goes as settlement cost element, but not sure on Assessment C.Element.

Also if I am maintaning the Source Cost Elements in Source in Allocation structure, Is it necessary to mainatain seperate Source Structure?

Thanks

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Allocation structures are also used while performing the month end CO allocations (ex., assessment,

distribution etc)

Assesment Cost Elements are used during the CO allocation-Assesment, where you group the source cost elements and assign a assesment cost element (cost element category-42). During this type of allocation the sender/receiver objects are credited/debited using the assessment cost element.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sreenivas.

I am dealing with similar scenario in my project. We are doing allocations from Cost Center to WBS and then settlement from WBS to G/L. Let me explain with a small example:

I am having Cost on my cost centers from 6* series cost element and a 9* series cost element as an Assesment cost element of type 42. This is Allocation from CO side.

When I need to settle the cost from WBS to G/L, I am maintaning the same 9* series of cost element (type 42) as a source cost element (Debit cost element for WBS) and an 8* series external Cost element (type 22) as a settlement cost element for FI postings. The system is working fine and I am able to do my settlement. My question is from PS side do I need to maintain the Assessment Cost element while settlement to G/L (if yes, will it be the same type 42 used in CO allocations) or is this to be maintained only in CO Allocation structure?

My CO consultant is also not sure of this, so I am confused. Please throw some light on this.

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I've said earlier this node Allocation structure is common for both settlements and CO allocations.

Source and Settlement cost element folders-Used for settlement

Source and Assesment cost element folders-Used for allocations.

In your case I think the present CO allocations cycle (assesment either using specifc assesment cost element or allocation structure) that is defined seems to be working as intended. You don't have to do anything further in PS.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sreenivas

I got it pretty clear. Closing the thread.

Sarang