cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External MOT in TP/VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are exploring the option of external MOT in "Define Means of Transport". Have anyone used external MOT in TP/VS and if so could you please tell me any implications of that.

Also let me know the distinct difference between external MOT and Normal MOT.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jagadeesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

Regarding your queries,

1. Will there be any Performance issues compared to normal MOT?

As this is driven by SAP standard transactions, there won't be any performance issue anticipated.

2. How does the costs and Lateness & Ealriness times are computed? Will there be any chnage the wasy all the costs are computed?

Costs will be determined either internally or externally or through some customisation as well.

3. Internal behavior of this development?

Not known.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

I have never used external means of transport but as far as I know, when you select external means of transport, the system is going to assume infinite capacity while loading in terms of available capacity and resources. ie The system will plan as many vehicles available while scheduling the means of transport.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, exeternal MOT means that it assumes as many no of vehilces during Optimization as we have defined in MOT defintion.

Actually i looking at following points:

1. Will there be any Performance issues compared to normal MOT?

2. How does the costs and Lateness & Ealriness times are computed? Will there be any chnage the wasy all the costs are computed?

3. Internal behavior of this development?

Also when i done a prototype on this, i got a Run time error "'CX_SY_ARITHMETIC_OVERFLOW', the error analysis in ST22 is given below.

An exception occurred that is explained in detail below.

The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_SY_ARITHMETIC_OVERFLOW', was not

caught in

procedure "VEH_COST_FILL" "(FORM)", nor was it propagated by a RAISING clause.

Since the caller of the procedure could not have anticipated that the

exception would occur, the current program is terminated.

The reason for the exception is:

In the current program "/SAPAPO/SAPLVS_OPT_PRE_PROC",

using '+' or 'ADD' to add the values 2145657600 and 27475200 resulted in a

value greater than 2147483647 or smaller than -2147483648. This

leads to a whole number overflow.

During debugging, i have realized that the lateness/earliness has crossed the above number.

So I am not able to understand the way it is getting calculated.

Can you please help on these points. I appreciate your help.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

I do not see any probelm in external MoT. May be you can think of limiting the number of vehicles that system can use (Transportation Max). There should not be any performance issue as system assumed this at run time and only the required no. of vehicles. The costs should get calculated normally, but I never tried. This is in fact system standard functionality and not a development.

Regards

Sandeep Patil