cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to use password with characters for RFC User.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

I have installed SAP SCM 5.0 with MaxDB 7.6and liveCache 7.6.

I created RFC user and RFC destination to administer liveCache globally as per SAP notes 305634 and 452745. I changed the initial passwords and tested Remote login for RFC User.

But when I try to start liveCache with startrfc following the link below

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/95/379f3cad1e3251e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I got the following error

RFC Call/Exception: SYSTEM_FAILURE

Group Error group 104

Key RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

Message Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

Then I logged into the CI with RFC user and try to start the liveCache with RSLVCSTART T-Code SE38..I got the following error.

Error DBMCLI_COMMAND_EXECUTE_ERROR when starting liveCache LCS on server saplcslc

Message no. LVC007

I tried by changing the password for RFC user to numeric [0-9] and special characters [$,:] which worked fine.

Does anyone faced this issue earlier? I searched notes, sdn and finally google ... but no luck to resolve the issue.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

-> What connection did you select to run the report RSLVCSTART?

Was 'Name of Database Connection' LCA?

Please test the LCA connection in /ndb59 transaction & post the connection test log.

-> Are you running the OneDB instance?

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I used LCA as liveCache connection. I resolved the issue with RSLVCSTART. Thanks for your suggestion to run connection test. I used wrong password for control user in the LCA connection. Now LCA connection shows everything is fine.

But I am still not able to use alphanumeric password RFC user to start the liveCache from command line. I get the following when run startrfc command...

bash-3.00$ /usr/sap/CAT/rfcsdk/bin/startrfc -3 -d LCSCLNT001 -h sapcatci -s 51 -c 001 -u LCSRFC -p Mach1cspsap\$ -l EN -F START_LIVECACHE_LVC -E IV_CON_NAME=LCA

RFC Call/Exception: SYSTEM_FAILURE

Group Error group 104

Key RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

Message Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

bash-3.00$ echo $?

But I can start the liveCache from command line with numeric password successfully.

bash-3.00$ /usr/sap/CAT/rfcsdk/bin/startrfc -3 -d LCSCLNT001 -h sapcatci -s 51 -c 001 -u LCSRFC -p 19811983\$ -l EN -F STOP_LIVECACHE_LVC -E IV_CON_NAME=LCA

bash-3.00$ echo $?

Note the difference between the passwords used. Do i need to change any settings to accept alphanumeric passwords for RFC user.

Note that I am able to start liveCache server in both cases(alphanumeric password and numeric password) by logging into SAP GUI and RSLVCSTART program. The problem is only when i try to start the liveCache from the commandline.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Venkat

Answers (0)