cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC Metadata inconsistency detected

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a project which uses an External Library and a Library project. POI_eLib and POI_lib. I built everything - ran and deployed the application and everything works great. I checked in the POI_eLib and released it in the Transport View. Then I checked in the POI_lib, when I go to release the activity I get this error message:

Build number assigned: 317

Change request state from QUEUED to PROCESSING

REQUEST PROCESSING started at 2009-03-09 05:28:43.264 GMT

ACTIVATION request in Build Space "JP1_EPPHASE2_D" at Node ID: 3,431,550

[id: 326; parentID: 0; type: 4]

[options: IGNORE COMPONENT INTERSECTION]

Waiting for access: 83 ms

===== Pre-Processing ===== started at 2009-03-09 05:28:43.347 GMT

List of requested for activation activities:

'myl.com_MYLAN_1' compartment

Create POI Library

[ISN 19][created by M100236 at 2009-03-08 23:17:49.0][OID 28207c4f0c5311de89cc9ad54e639164]

There is 1 activity in compartment myl.com_MYLAN_1

1 activity will be processed by this request

Analyze dependencies to predecessor activities... started at 2009-03-09 05:28:43.351 GMT

Analyzing predecessors in compartment "myl.com_MYLAN_1"

No dependencies to predecessor activities found.

Analyze dependencies to predecessor activities... finished at 2009-03-09 05:28:43.391 GMT and took 40 ms

Analyze versions... started at 2009-03-09 05:28:43.391 GMT

List Active Versions Report: "HTTP/1.1 207 Multi-Status" finished at 2009-03-09 05:28:43.417 GMT and took 26 ms

Synchronize metadata for [myl.com/poi_lib] started at 2009-03-09 05:28:43.441 GMT

Verification of DL [ws/EPPHASE2/myl.com_MYLAN/dev/active/] finished at 2009-03-09 05:28:43.465 GMT and took 16 ms

Verification of cache (level 2: Comparison of attributes) finished at 2009-03-09 05:28:43.487 GMT and took 22 ms

Synchronize metadata for [myl.com/poi_lib] finished at 2009-03-09 05:28:43.487 GMT and took 46 ms

< CREATE > 'myl.com/poi_lib' DC

Analyze versions... finished at 2009-03-09 05:28:43.488 GMT and took 97 ms

Analyze activities... started at 2009-03-09 05:28:43.488 GMT

Loading component definitions

DC Metadata inconsistency detected: Registered DC vendor/name "myl.com/poi_lib" does not correspond to "myl.com/POI_lib" declared in the DC definition

1 component to be build in compartment "myl.com_MYLAN_1"

Analyze activities... finished at 2009-03-09 05:28:43.496 GMT and took 8 ms

Calculate all combinations of components and variants to be built...

Analyze request DC BV... started at 2009-03-09 05:28:43.499 GMT

'myl.com/poi_lib' variant 'default'

'myl.com/poi_lib' variant 'default' cannot be built. ACTIVATION will fail.

INVALID dependency is declared

DC 'myl.com/poi_lib' in SC 'myl.com_MYLAN_1' USES Non-existing DC 'myl.com/POI_eLib' [public-part: POI_Asmbly] AS Build-Time Dependency [validity: USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED]

Analyze request DC BV... finished at 2009-03-09 05:28:43.501 GMT and took 2 ms

===== Pre-Processing ===== finished at 2009-03-09 05:28:43.503 GMT and took 156 ms

Change request state from PROCESSING to FAILED

Error! The following problem(s) occurred during request processing:

Error! The following error occurred during request processing:Activation failed due to component "myl.com/poi_lib" variant "default". The component is BROKEN.

REQUEST PROCESSING finished at 2009-03-09 05:28:43.504 GMT and took 240 ms

No build logs available for the request.

I thought the best thing might be to remove these libraries and recreate them as I can't figure out why they are inconsistant and have no idea how to fix them but I get this message:

Some files have been edited/changed.

Look over your open activities.

The thing is I have NO open activities. In fact I have no activities at all for POI_eLib as it was transported already - This really has me in a jam as this application was supposed to be released today and I have no idea how to fix this!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK - After much frustration I found that I similar project (with the lowercase) had been created and deleted from NWDI but it still remained in the DTR (along with some open activities related to it). This was causing a conflict with the new projects.

The lowercase ones were active and couldn't be removed but I was able to delete the new (uppercase) projects from the DTR and close the activities.

I then created new DCs for the project with the same name as the active ones in DTR. I then checked them in, activated and released one at a time and everything went smoothly.

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Calculate all combinations of components and variants to be built...

'1. INVALID dependency is declared ,

2. DC 'myl.com/poi_lib' in SC 'myl.com_MYLAN_1' USES Non-existing DC 'myl.com/POI_eLib' public-part:

3.'myl.com/poi_lib' variant 'default' cannot be built. ACTIVATION will fail.

4.After successfully implementation have u able to build this dc(myl.com/poi_lib)?

Most important : Before activating have u able to Build and deploy and see the result?

Please provide these inputs.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. INVALID dependency is declared ,

It is looking for POI_eLib which is the name of the project assigned as a Used DC - This has been activated but doesn't show up in the Active DCs->if I look in the build log of this DC it has "output location: C:\Documents and Settings\m100236\.dtc\0\DCs\myl.com\poi_eLib\_comp\gen\default" but when I add the Used DC to the POI_lib it refers to POI_eLib?

2. DC 'myl.com/poi_lib' in SC 'myl.com_MYLAN_1' USES Non-existing DC 'myl.com/POI_eLib' public-part:

See above

3.'myl.com/poi_lib' variant 'default' cannot be built. ACTIVATION will fail.

The project is named POI_lib not poi_lib

4.After successfully implementation have u able to build this dc(myl.com/poi_lib)?

I don't know that I have had a successful implementaton but yes I am able to build the project POI_lib.

Most important : Before activating have u able to Build and deploy and see the result?

YES!

However it appears that there are projects on NWDI called poi_eLib and poi_lib that are conflicting with the POI_eLib and POI_lib - I am told these were created a long time ago and deleted but they are still showing up. I think I will just delete all four projects and start over as this issue is taking up a lot of time. I will let you know if that works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK - Here is where I stand with this - it seems that some of the Revert and Delete of activities and Projects didn't "Take" so there are some residual things out there on the Server. The name of the deleted activities has changed to some long GUID.

I see three pending activities in NWDS all with normal names (Create POI Library, Create Application). When I login to NWDI I see seven pending activities the three mentioned above and four others with long GUID names.

I also see two projects POI_eLib and POI_lib under the track in NWDS. When I login to NWDI I see poi_eLib and poi_lib as well (these were two projects developed that didn't compile correctly so I reverted the activity, removed the project, and deleted the activity). I then created the new projects - with no issues- built and deployed the application and didn't face any issues until I tried to activiate them.

Now we cannot seem to remove any of these things - we are facing all sorts of issues - it will not even let the admin remove the poi_eLib and poi_lib or any of the "Deleted" Activities. Any ideas on how to "Clean up" NWDI Tracks?

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Some Questions

Analyze dependencies to predecessor activities--What are those predecessor activities?

What is activating preference,what i mean is

1. Some Dc are already there .

2. Later u defined these EL Dc's right ?

3. Have u activate these EL Dc's releted activity before any other existing activity ?(if not then do this first)

Let see

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

1.These External Library Dc's

Analyze dependencies to predecessor activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Analyze dependencies to predecessor activities--What are those predecessor activities?

What is activating preference,what i mean is

There are no predecessor activities in fact I only have three activities Create External Lib, Create Lib, and Create Application -> all checked in.

1. Some Dc are already there .

Brand new track and new projects

2. Later u defined these EL Dc's right ?

I think so - if not how do I correct?

3. Have u activate these EL Dc's releted activity before any other existing activity ?

I have tried to activate in order POI_eLib was first as it has no dependancies -> next POI_lib (which has POI_eLib as UsedDC) -> then the actual application which has POI_lib as a UsedDC.

If you notice in the build error it keeps changing case of libraries POI_eLib->poi_eLib and POI_lib->poi_lib. I think if I could correct this it would fix things but I don't even know where to start. Everything says POI no poi - if it needs lower case how do I change this? And how do I checkout the activities I have checked in so it will allow me to fix this?

I have also noticed that the activity for POI_eLib are no longer in the Open Activities, Activation View or Transport View but it is not avaliable under active DCs??

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Ok

1.Check this : Select all the activity which is not yet activated and and then select ACTIVATE, During predecessor detect phase select "Activate with all predecessor".

tell me what is result if any error then click the activate result (just right view ).open the CBS and open the log

scroll that page and give me those lines where u see "Error".

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what I have done and I get the error listed in the original post for this thread.